• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

modding the template showcase

Reynl

Chevereto Member
so I start to mod some stuff , I didn't do anything yet on database side because I don't know yet what the cms owner have for us inside his updates.

so I create for the front page an member view like you can find inside the backend. only now for all people. this give the member more interesting stuff to search and looking photos inside the website.
examp1.png

here I removed the download button and add new tab for exif information. I integrated an small script that is able to show this information outside the images. I still have to customize something on it
examp2.png

im still thinking if I integrate twitter bootstrap template, I don't know yet because this template is not bad and looks good. inside later stage I post working link to the website. I don't want to advertise yet

Way to do it!. Play with the code, you can achieve a lot of things ;)

so I start to mod some stuff , I didn't do anything yet on database side because I don't know yet what the cms owner have for us inside his updates.

so I create for the front page an member view like you can find inside the backend. only now for all people. this give the member more interesting stuff to search and looking photos inside the website.
View attachment 185

here I removed the download button and add new tab for exif information. I integrated an small script that is able to show this information outside the images. I still have to customize something on it
View attachment 186

im still thinking if I integrate twitter bootstrap template, I don't know yet because this template is not bad and looks good. inside later stage I post working link to the website. I don't want to advertise yet

Any plans to sell a template that allows these features?

yes i can share later,

first i wait till rodolfo cool down a littlebit with the important updates :p because i have to rechange everytime some mods in my template.and afcourse i want more flickr look a like stuff inside cheverato.
if we have that than it is more intresting, now my members are a littlebit bored on the site, they like to do more flickr stuff on this site. It is important for me that my members have an reason to stay online on the website, like they can do on social websites.
so im waiting what rodolfo extend and how, if the improvements meeting my wishes inside this paid license year than it is also intresting for me to launch something for the community and holding it up to date.
for now chevereto is an small playing ground for me and not yet intresting to developing and holding it up to date for an community

Last edited:
Thx

Well I hope he keeps pushing forward with the feature set on the list(subscription lvls,multiserver,editing imgs(basic) etc….) and yes I agree 100% with you the site needs more flickr style features even if its just a recommend button instead of like + follow(I was told it will come later on when the core is stable) for users to be able to know if their fav posters,togs uploaded any new content. The only way to make ppl use the site is if they can interact somehow with each other. Also I bet my money that 70% of viewer will be checking the site of a mobile phone or tablet. (3.2? )

At this point as it is it’s the best startup in its current form I found (non programmer) to become an awesome community/sharing site.

The tags and description + rightclick/copyright @ “user name” notice etc is really needed as default. I have the code for the copyright notice from Rodolfo and do it on every update manually. Removing the download button,e.code tab.

I have mentioned the users page to Rodolfo before and he gave me a good reason to wait as he wanted something better than just a “list” of users BUT it is needed till then also just for keeping it a tiny bit more dynamic for users to be able to check on their fav. Poster.

I think at the current state this script is more becoming a community script possibly the best in the future and not a hosting one. But that’s only my opinion. And it would require ALL the features from the dev list to be implemented to be the leader fro ppl like me (photographer non programmer with hell lot of tog and model frineds who want to share imgs ~talking about hundreds of new imgs per month on average/clean content no spam)

When using a system like this you should fork the default theme like "mytheme". You should never use the default theme to modify the system because default theme will always change in every release. So this is how you should do it:

1. Get Chevereto
  2. Clone the default Peafowl theme "PeafowlFork" for instance.
  3. Make your changes on the "PeafowlFork" folder
  4. Select "PeafowlFork" in your dashboard settings.
When a new release comes and that release changes the theme is most likely that it won't affect your custom theme, but you will need to manually add the changes to your theme. For isntance lets says that we change the signup buttons, in that case the new theme will be different from the custom one but both will work.

Key element here is that Chevereto default theme should be used as a base theme, not your everyday theme.

Thing with Chevereto is that the system is very new and is still taking shape and it will take me a lot of time to make it fit every need. Current focus is make the theme more easier to work with and for that we need the responsive layout ready to avoid issues in the future.

Rodolfo, i always seperate my themes ;) but sometimes you put some better code inside de default theme, and than i want to use that same code.Because i like to stay a littlebit default.
And take your time , i paid for the license so you have money and time to improve it. On this moment default chevereto run very good on my xeon unix server.and if the wishes are inside than it is allot of fun to launch some nice stuff for chevereto and hold it up to date.
i have 2 choiches running social engine or support small developer, for now i support you, moste wishes on this forum are my wishes also.

Knova,
inside this days websites need social power. because people expecting this and without they run to the bigger social sites like flickr for us.
And lucky for us, rodolfo have an very good example and that is flickr ;) ,

by the way im running localy some parts on twitter bootstrap, there are some parts that i like to hold default styled like de default theme.
i show later some examples.

same here....rather pay the license for Rodolfo for his work and support. On every time i asked him about something he got a full view on the subject and a good reason for me to be patient :)

will do the 2nd theme on my part too :) don't know why i didnt do it yet LOL

flickr changed a lot recently and in the good way but it is too.....well commercial for some ppl. For example my site would be for a specific group of ppl to shoot a specific style and that is often done on the go on a smartphone :/ also i need to add a WP site behind the main for the blog and events section but only as an information as i have no clue how to sync the users between the 2 system.

mobile2.jpg mobile.jpg

lets go mobile, like i told earlyer, im running twitter bootstrap . i realy love jquery /twitter bootstrap.
im using some default stuff so it is faster to test everything, here you can see the new header working. im building side by side and step by step. some default theme stuff stay inside this theme also like edit links on the image. i dont change it it is already good by default

Last edited:
is there an ETA by any chance ? :rolleyes:
Nope. Is tricky, some parts of the implementation are pretty simple and others are a hard challenge. I can only say that the mobile version is a complete bliss, it seems a real app instead of just a chunky adapted website.

I'm taking care of all the details, like changing the animations to new ones so the device works better. Also I'm doing it in several flavors: Phone + Phablet + Tablet + Laptop + Desktop. Yes, the real deal.

Ok :) I know you want to make it work properly in every aspect of the script.

How is it possible to make a page like images but with the created albums ? so users can actually browse thru albums too as photo collections instead of images in order.

Also tried to add the FB comment box but failed badly :/

FB comments needs a modified code, is in the tech support section.

Back