• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Mod development posting guide

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hi folks, I have noticed that you are developing some cool add-ons to Chevereto and I want to help you. I will upload to the google code all the files that fills the requirements on this guide. Since Chevereto doesn't have a ultimate plugin system (like Wordpress) it's crucial to have some guidelines when you are about to post some modification.

Post title
It must start whit the release supported for the plugin. Example: [NB 1.9] Image Managment by Rodolfo

Description
You must write a quick resume about what you get if you install the modification. Example: Adds image management suppor for chevereto nb 1.9

Demo / screen shoots
You must provide a demo or screens about the modification. Please don't upload to demo.chevereto.com because the demo erases all the images uploaded every week. Use tinypic or something like that.

Requirements
If the modification needs db set up, upload some js files or some. You must write a list of this things. Example:
- Needs db server.
- Needs the jQuery Uploader plugin.
- Needs to edit engine.php

Installation guide
You must provide an step-by-step installation guide for your modification. It's ok to use just plain text in some.txt file or pastie.org paste. You don't need to put the instructions on the post.

ZIP file
Finally, you must upload the zip file of your modification. It must have the installation guide and all the needed files. You may upload this to senduit.com or some free host. Once I review it or someone tested and say that works, I will upload the modification to the google code.

Support
The only place to ask about the modification is the post where you find it. All the questions, improvements, development, errors, etc, must be done in that particular post.

I hope that helps, if someone has improvements to this guide... Be my guest.

Back