• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Memory is not always freed up after image upload

lovedigit

👽 Chevereto Freak
I noticed an issue on my server recently. It appears to be linked to my chevereto website because it happens only when large images are uploaded by users.

You can replicate this issue on your side if you turn off your swap partition temporarily. Upload an image around 10MB or larger in size. It appears chevereto doesn't always free up the memory that it used to resize the image. In my case when I tested it personally after some complains from the users about the "internal server error" messages on the frontend, I figured out that my VPS with 2GB Ram would easily get swamped when there were few large images in the queue. I tried configuring the php and nginx settings to minimum, but it appears to be the issue with image resize, or clean up after the process. If it doesn't have to do with the memory, then I would like to report random "internal server error" on my chevereto website which show up without any pattern. After further investigation in case I thought it doesn't have to do with the Ram, the backend log suggests that the connection was closed by the client before upstream could send the data. I tried increasing the execution time, keepalive time, fastcgi read timeout and connection time but it is the same.

While trying to replicate the error reported by some users, I noticed that the memory usage would hit to 1.2+ GB for 15MB image and it would process successfully for first few images, but since it didn't free the RAM, the consequent files throws error. I can sure upgrade my server, but it doesn't seem to be worth as most of the time the server would stay idle with less 5% usage. The script should be able to free up the memory at the first place. I am open to all suggestions, don't take it as rant.

Last edited:
Image resizing process always uses huge chunks of memory in PHP. Is not the script who must flush that, is your server. Maybe you have a faulty GD library or have some other setting that is affecting your website performance.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Never mind. It was an issue with my external storage. Due to some reason, the disk IO was only 2.4Mb/s. Luckily I was able to detect it with quick benchmark, and their support team moved it to different node. All good now.

Back