• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Membership type with monetization

john365

Chevereto Member
💡Describe your suggestion

An ability to monetize membership for the site administrator. After a user created an account, they can decide what type of member they want to be, for example. Professional vs Amateur. And depending on the type, there can be benefits associated with it. Professionals will have their uploaded images displayed first and more prominent while Amateur will have their images displayed afterwards and maybe not be so prominent.

Member (Professionals and Amateurs) can also select which of their images that can be downloaded for free or needs to be paid for. For selected images that cost money to down, the member can enter their PayPal id or other payment methods in the Member Settings.

In addition, the site administrator should be able to charge Professional members a fee or not.

Basically, I'm advocating for a more robust Membership system with monetization.

👏Where did you saw this?

I did see this idea in any particle sites that I've visited as I'm sure it is a common concept. However, a site that closely resembles some sort of reward system for users to sign up to a particular site and encourages members engagement would be Pexels https://www.pexels.com/

🔥Interest outside our community

Nothing to add in this section.

If I get this right (correct me if I'm wrong), you are suggesting a new user group which is allowed to sell content (access to downloads). A user must belong to this tier to sell content, by paying a fee or maybe other conditions.

I assume commissions for purchased content? Any word on which commission options you should be able to set-up? I just want to understand which are the options that should be available for this kind of monetization option.

Hi Rodolfo,

Thanks for replying to my post. Yes, you are correct basically correct, however any members, whether they are Professionals or Amateurs, can sell their images to create continued engagement with the site. Site admin takes a cut of image sold. However, for Professional, they can be charged an additional membership fee, monthly or yearly on top of the images they sell which site admin can get a cut. This is due to the more prominent placement of their uploaded images.

I haven't really worked out all of the details, but it will be something along this line.

• Membership Function
  • When a member signs up, they can select their type:
    • Professional (maybe additional fee paid to site admin (monthly or yearly)
    • Amateur
  • When they upload their photos/images, they can decide whether the image is for commercial or non-commercial use:
    • Commercial
      • There Cost to download (site admin take small percentage commision)
      • There is No Cost to download, but need attribution
      • License model, no redistribution (online or off-line)
    • Non-commercial
      • No cost to download
      • No attribution required but would be appreciated
      • License model can use for any use

I understand and I believe that there are so many options applicable to this that we should implement this in the form of custom group permissions (pretty much the same stuff that forum software does). By doing it like that, we could have plenty customization and the possibility of easy add custom permission sets.

Having the ability of customizing each group, tier, commissions, etc, is a must.

Hi Rodolfo,

Is there a module (plugin) that you can recommend out in the marketplace for downloading photos/images that would work with your script (of course, with some modifications)? Or are you planning to implement something similar to the screenshots?

I understand there are the "Embedded codes" associated with a current image listing, but it doesn't really show the image dimensions and file size etc.

In addition, I also want to have the current image displayed as free or cost to download, basically going back to the Membership Function.

Attachments

• download module 1 - pexels.PNG
    download module 1 - pexels.PNG
    30.9 KB · Views: 32
  • download moduel 2 - depositphotos (2).PNG
    download moduel 2 - depositphotos (2).PNG
    851.6 KB · Views: 33
I don't know about these, being honest I haven't see anything catching my attention so far.

this kind of feature is mostly used on photographing sites, or wallpapers sites. where you can download image in different sizes and then original one. Could be useful as 3rd mode, called photography/wallpaper mode. where this function appears when it's enabled maybe? so people can make wallpaper host or photograhy host.

I would also like to support this suggestion of monetization.

However I would propose something a bit more simpler to begin with.

Paid Premium Membership get the following benefits:

1. Extra upload size in MB

2. Personal account bucket size allocation.
- 1 GB membership £5 a year / £x a month
- 5 GB membership £10 a year / £x a month
- 10 GB membership £15 A year / £x a month

3. Can i upload I'm bulk

4. Administrator can download entire accounts that are paid for backup purposes,

5. Paid memberships

6. Allow Administrator to create different packages based on size and allocated packages.

7. Different payment system gateways.

Last edited:
I would also like to support this suggestion of monetization.

However I would propose something a bit more simpler to begin with.

Paid Premium Membership get the following benefits:

1. Extra upload size in MB

2. Personal account bucket size allocation.
- 1 GB membership £5 a year / £x a month
- 5 GB membership £10 a year / £x a month
- 10 GB membership £15 A year / £x a month

3. Can i upload I'm bulk

4. Administrator can download entire accounts that are paid for backup purposes,

5. Paid memberships

6. Allow Administrator to create different packages based on size and allocated packages.

7. Different payment system gateways.

If it is, I will immediately buy the Enterprise license.

I will immediately pay for this module if it has existed. even I don't mind to donate for the development. also, we can create a donation pool for this important feature. what do you think?
Seriously we can't wait until v4 hence we don't even know when the development might start.
We need Rodolfo to comment on this please

I don't mind to donate for the development. also, we can create a donation pool for this important feature. what do you think?
I'm up to get donations to push certain features into the system. Some features won't return in money the time and effort required so donations/crowfund is the way to go. However, I won't take that option before V4.

Seriously we can't wait until v4 hence we don't even know when the development might start.
V4 is not just add more features, is a complete modernization of the whole thing. It will occur in a large timespan, it is a progressive evolution.

1. Base framework (almost done).
2. REST API for all what V3 does at this point (that will be actually v4.0).
3. Make the whole thing pluggable.
4. Change the theme structure.

I'm up to get donations to push certain features into the system. Some features won't return in money the time and effort required so donations/crowfund is the way to go. However, I won't take that option before V4.
Rodolfo, what’s your advise? I am very desperate to have the membership plan feature and photo marketplace for monetization.
How should we run the donation pool and what’s the goal to be set?
It can be start basic.

The only advice that I can give you is this: Try to determine if others are also willing to participate in something like this. Even if this sounds reasonable for both of us, it doesn't mean that it will be for everybody.

For example, if 100 people is willing to donate $5 then that's $500, that's about how much I sell on a bad week so there's no leverage at all. Get 400 people, that at least make a bad month. Basically, I've my own development goals to always keep the business lucrative for me, if you are going to push me out of my road I've to at least break even.

Sorry but that's just how business works.

The only advice that I can give you is this: Try to determine if others are also willing to participate in something like this. Even if this sounds reasonable for both of us, it doesn't mean that it will be for everybody.

For example, if 100 people is willing to donate $5 then that's $500, that's about how much I sell on a bad week so there's no leverage at all. Get 400 people, that at least make a bad month. Basically, I've my own development goals to always keep the business lucrative for me, if you are going to push me out of my road I've to at least break even.

Sorry but that's just how business works.

Rodolfo - serious question, if i paid you $500

Will you be able to implement a 'basic' membership type system?

With some features such as:

1. Allow Administrator to create different membership packages based on size? Bronze/Silver/Gold

2. Upload size limit in MB for different package members

3. Personal account bucket size allocation.
- 1 GB membership £5 a year or £x a month
- 5 GB membership £10 a year or £x a month
- 10 GB membership £15 A year or £x a month

4. Members only can upload in bulk

5. Administrator can download entire accounts that are paid for backup purposes,

6. Accept Paypal payment

7. Allow members to download their folders

Hi Rodolfo,

I think there is sufficient interest in Membership function. Hopefully, you will consider making this into the core of the app.

Rodolfo - serious question, if i paid you $500

Will you be able to implement a 'basic' membership type system
Absolutely not. That takes way more than one week.

I think there is sufficient interest in Membership function. Hopefully, you will consider making this into the core of the app.
No, the "core" app will be restricted to essentials of image sharing / hosting. Any real money making feature shouldn't be free, otherwise it just don't fit the purpose in the first place (make money).

I know that some of you just want to make easy money and I respect that, but please put some reality check in your concerns. How do you expect me to deliver a membership system in one week or to don't charge money for something that it is supposed to make money?

Hi Rodolfo,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I was under the impression based on my reading of some of the posts that if enough community members requested a feature or function, you might consider implementing it. However, I understand your point of view and I'm sure most people would not expect you to deliver something like a membership function within a week time.

Looking forward to your v4 as it would probably make more sense to implement them (functions and features) there based on some of the limitations that you had mentioned about v3.

Absolutely not. That takes way more than one week.

No, the "core" app will be restricted to essentials of image sharing / hosting. Any real money making feature shouldn't be free, otherwise it just don't fit the purpose in the first place (make money).

I know that some of you just want to make easy money and I respect that, but please put some reality check in your concerns. How do you expect me to deliver a membership system in one week or to don't charge money for something that it is supposed to make money?

Rodolfo

The membership package should not be free, it should be sold as an addon or it needs to be called something else that people have to pay for if they want it. I agree keep the core separate from the membership addon, just separate the two... free vs premium? Charge $300 for the addon if people want it and i'm sure those who are serious will buy it as i am.

No i don't expect it in a week maybe in a few months?

Back