• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

MD5 banned

anyimg

Chevereto Member
Preventing re-uploading images by blocking md5
This will help a lot to reduce the attempts to re-upload forbidden images, especially those f*cking people with pedophilia.
It will also help to reduce the violation of property rights.

I assume you mean by using a md5 hash sum comparison.

It's not something I know that much about, does it work in practice or can it be circumvented. I would have thought that by giving a file a different degree of compression it would produce a different hash.

Like the idea though, even if it's just another tool in the box :)

Any comment?
Yeah. I hate these "any update on this?" messages.

I don't have comments for this, is just a very basic method easy to spoof. Change one pixel and done. New hash. Way better is to rely in an image recognition system + IP bans.

Rodolfo check my suggestion topic. I might have 1 solution to this :) that is add so you can enable moderate images or that if user uploads nude photos images and album will be taken down automatically for further inspection and then the mod/admin who views it can see if content Is acceptable or not. If not they can terminate it and chose to ban user for uploading anything against TOS and so on.

Last edited:
I might have 1 solution to this :) that is add so you can enable moderate images...

Hide until moderated would be a good option in this sort of situation. Like that.

On very active sites you'd be kept busy though.

Back