• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Maps

mydive

Chevereto Member
Is there anyway for a google map to be displayed showing the location of where the photo was taken? Don't some photos from smartphones include the geolocation in the data of the photo?

Is there anyway for a google map to be displayed showing the location of where the photo was taken? Don't some photos from smartphones include the geolocation in the data of the photo?

Yes, most phones today add that information to the Exif array but since is a little bit sensitive there must be an on/off switch somewhere.

I think that it will great to add something like this.

Yes, most phones today add that information to the Exif array but since is a little bit sensitive there must be an on/off switch somewhere.

I think that it will great to add something like this.
Regarding this... If you intend to implement it... It might be ideal to have the on-off also available to the admin on a global level... and then the image poster on a personal level. Even if it only gives the illusion of privacy.

fully supporting this idea! i would be stoked to convert my current site over to chevereto if there were an option to tag photos to a worldwide map. my current site is running a script that isn't optimized for displaying photos , especially for mobile: http://swarmlife.net/map/sk8

Rodolfo... would there be any idea of a time frame for this? i need it urgently and if there is going to be a substantial delay, i might source an external developer to complete it. Thanks

John

One suggestion that visitors to my site really like is having the option to display all the locations / photos on one big map.

I don't think that it will be implemented soon. This is not something with high priority and the list of priorities is huge. Sorry, for now this must have to wait a few months.

I'll get a developer moving on it, then i'll see whats involved in getting it over to you, depending on my costs of course.

I'll get a developer moving on it, then i'll see whats involved in getting it over to you, depending on my costs of course.

keep us updated. perhaps we could crowd source some funds to help the cause if there is an interest

did you have any luck?

I don't think that it will be implemented soon. This is not something with high priority and the list of priorities is huge. Sorry, for now this must have to wait a few months.

any more thoughts on the maps? figure the 3 month mark is coming. just curious. can't wait to get chevereto up on my site.

where is the problem? new table in database and some more info via form - i think no programmer needs more than 2 hrs to get it work with a local installation - editing theme - fine.. but it is not necessary for a photo uploading script like chevereto..
my opinion

Actually is just a field not a column and the thing is more on the UI side. Honestly I don't know where to fit this thing it just keep looking as fancy extra of 500px and Flickr.

its usefull for geotagged imgs a lot...i personally dont use it but there are a lot of photos i do on the phone to tag places to use as photoshoot locations, or hiking, geocaching etc. there is tons of use for it as a standard extra.

Would it be possible to find a wordpress plugin out there and just add code to each individual photo page that would show a map? Then when a user posts a photo there could be an option to tag it to a map? Seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to implement.

Last edited:
Back