• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

MAMP causes "redirect loop"

Baraka

Chevereto Member
Hello,
I just gotten a Macintosh, and i was going to complete developments on works i'm doing with Chevereto. I've installed MAMP Pro for local use (server) so that i can do everything on the fly than depending on my server for now. I ran the Chevereto tool and all is good. Took a look a the .htaccess file and all seems a-okay even with a few modifications i added and still nothing. So basically i'm stuck with http://d.pr/i/4s2X via (Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.)If anyone is using MAMP can you guide me in the right direction, i'm very new to the Mac but still learning as i go. I know this is a common issue from looking using the search function here but hopefully it's just a bug soon to be fixed.
Thanks

I've a similar issue when I was testing Wamp server. The solution was add an alias like this:

Code:
Alias /chevereto/ "/path/to/the/website/chevereto/"

<Directory "/path/to/the/website/chevereto/">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride all
        Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

And in the Chevereto root .htaccess make sure to have this directive:
Code:
RewriteBase /chevereto

The problem is (most likely) a wrong handling of the website path due to the bad server setup. In that case you can force the root path in the includes/config.php file. Perhaps that will work.

I've a similar issue when I was testing Wamp server. The solution was add an alias like this:

Code:
Alias /chevereto/ "/path/to/the/website/chevereto/"

<Directory "/path/to/the/website/chevereto/">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride all
        Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

And in the Chevereto root .htaccess make sure to have this directive:
Code:
RewriteBase /chevereto

The problem is (most likely) a wrong handling of the website path due to the bad server setup. In that case you can force the root path in the includes/config.php file. Perhaps that will work.

Thanks, i tried this out and i applied it and was no good but thankfully you stated the force path forgot all about that, that fixed the iss thanks ;) Now i can get on developing :D

Back