• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Make images only viewable when logged-in

jzegers

Core
Hi there,

I was wondering if it's possible to configure Chevereto in a way that you can only view images when you are logged in? And possibly setting it as default for all uploads.

I'm trying to piece together a website where everyone in the family can upload and view (vacation) photos but as far as I'm aware the images are always viewable when you have the link. (You have to sign in to upload and view content and the sign-up is disabled, I manually add family members)

Under Dashboard -> Settings -> Content privacy mode, there is an option to set it viewable for self or with a link. Is there a hidden option somewhere to set it viewable when you are logged in?

Thanks.

Set your website to members only, in that way only members will be able to interact with the website.

Dashboard > Settings > Website > Website privacy mode = private.

Hi Rodolfo, thanks for the quick reply. That's the setting I'm currently using but the photos are still visible when you have the link.
Like this: www.<site>/image/AbC

You cannot interact with the photo in any way but it's still visible without logging in.
I also understand that you won't be able to use any embed codes this way as well.

When you set the website to private, it will request sign in for everybody. You can override the content privacy if you want to force things or let the user control that stuff.

I also understand that you won't be able to use any embed codes this way as well.

Yes you can, but only direct codes will work.

Back