• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Make Chevereto BB Codes compatible with Mastodon

user22

Chevereto Member
💡Describe your Feature request
Years ago when forums where popular all we had to do was post the BB codes from image hosting websites. These days Mastodon is getting extremely popular. I tried putting the BB codes in Mastodon but it does not work. I tried HTML codes but does not work also. Would be great if Chevereto has new BB codes for Mastodon instances.

Below is what it looks like when I post BB codes for images.
cevertor1.jpg

👏Where did you saw this?

I didn't see it anywhere. I was in bed and thinking about the good old says when forums were popular so I thought about posting the BB codes on Mastodon to see if it would work. The reason i thought about it because I setup my own Mastodon instance and found out pictures save on the instance are quickly fill up and you run out of space fast.
I would prefer and ask my members to use my image hosting website instead.
The biggest issue is the pictures are lost eventually and most people never see them again. I prefer to paste BB codes so others can click on the images and they can use the BB codes again. I dont like Mastodon that much but its becoming more and more popular.

🔥Interest outside our community
No interest since I just thought about this the other night and I haven't told anyone until now.
I'm not sure if it is even possible. I might have to tell the Mastodon developers to allow BB codes that might be easier instead. I think...

It might make Mastodon admins angry. But that's how we made image hosting websites popular by posting our bb codees on forums.
Its times for us to do the same on Mastodon.

But it's a great way to drive traffic to our image hosting websites!
haha:)

Please dont forget to like this and vote if you like my idea!

Last edited:
This is how mastodon has done their coding, it is not related to chevereto.

Mastodon seems not to have the coding tag

Code:
[img][/img]

Which is why it isn't loading image into mastodon.

My suggestions is to do feature request with mastadon to add this coding tag so it can automaticly make images appear.

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but yes, configure object storage (and a CDN) for your mastodon instance.

And, I'm pretty certain when you post the direct link or markdown, it will grab the image and display a preview, but it WILL cache images locally (unless object storage has been set up)

Back