• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Language update

Andy

Chevereto Member
Hi @Rodolfo,

Is there any language update in 3.6.9?

And how to synchronize the translation (adding new translation) if there's language update in the new version?

We use a translation center who helps a lot to get all languages sorted out. Anything else outside that needs manual update.

How to do manual update? Can you not answer half-by-half?
Discount the software, not the answer man, lol..
This is same with just creating junk posts on the forum xD~

Manual update = you must do all the patch yourself in the language file, line by line.
Can we continue with the currently translated or repeat all over and over each there's language on upgrades?
If we had to repeat all over and over I think we'd just stick with 3.6.9 since we already wasted too much time on translating.

Usually language strings don't get changed but I and several string when I add new features.

That's why the languages are handled by onesky, because is a pain in the ass.

If you have hall of fame for sole contributor, I'll submit our translation.
It will also easier for us to get synced with the new language updates and keep the language updated.

All the translators will be added to the hall of fame. Is just that I've plenty stuff to do due to the office migration.

Oh, so it's same when someone only translate 1-2 words and their names are listed on the hall of fame, while we translated all from beginning to the end? If so then maybe we'll just save our translation for ourselves.

I really don't know yet, most likely I will list only those who do 50%+. Also, no idea when I will populate that list, I still have dozen things to do and since there are no language changes I want to pull this to my worry-less list.

Ok, I just want to keep my translation updated with any of your update, that's all.

You should have better solutions for your customers to keep the translation synced and updated. With this development of the software core and software translation will be equal (not English has 100% and another language only has 70 % translated due to 30% of the content not synced with the master original language or not available to be translated in the .po because version difference)

Don't tell me that you had your translation site. I know that already but the problem is not all of us (users and translators) wants to publish their translation. We want to keep our translation original and exclusively for our own Chevereto site and not shared (i.e. published) to any 3rd party.

Anything in private can also use onesky app, simply create a mirror project and make it private. You already have the en.po file so you (and anyone) can easy do a private repo in onesky and take advantage of that system. When a new version gets released you simply add those strings by selecting the en.po file so the new strings will be pushed to onesky.

You can also use file compare tools like winmerge to detect changes from old file to new file, so you can update thetthing without hassles.

At the end you are complicating things on your own because you have plenty options to make this happen.

Last edited:
Back