• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Issues using Outlook.com SMTP Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

errkal

Chevereto Member
Hi,

I am trying to set this up to use outlook.com for my emails as I have a number of systems I use at home but I am unable to as the site just errors saying the SMTP server is invalid which it isn't.

The server I have used for other things and is the Outlook SMTP is smtp-mail.outlook.com

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/outlook/send-receive-from-app

But when I enter this and my microsoft account as Username and Password it errors saying SMTP is invalid and Username is Invalid.

Any Ideas?

Is not an issue. Is well known that Microsoft blocks signing using SMTP from suspicious locations. In this case, you are trying to connect to your email account using SMTP from an IP you have never used so Outlook just block it.

You will need to go to your account activity page and locate the activity related to your server, then you will need to tell Outlook that it was you and that isn't a security breach or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back