• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

issue: Refresh the page after infinity scroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliv3n

Chevereto Member
When you scroll down to view more images, the URL will change. therefore if you refresh the page the page will load in a confusing way.

1) Make sure the infinity scroll is activated
2) visit homepage
3) Scroll down until the page URL change and new images load.
4) refresh the page
5) Page will stock on that page only. visitors will be confused. infinity scroll will be dysfunction.

same issue goes when:

1) Make sure the infinity scroll is activated
2) Visit homepage
3) Scroll down until the page URL change and new images load.
4) on the tab on the same page click on "Users"
5) it will show very limited users only (which is related to that page images i believe)

it is very confusing

Infinite scroll is not made to be aware of page refresh because that basically means to fetch all the previous images. Instead, you only get the "portion" that corresponds to the page you left to.

If you want that kind of forward/backward navigation, considering switching to classic pagination.

Hi rodolfo, I think you misunderstood me or maybe you didn’t read my post completely.

Please read my feedback again, there is a bug which needs to be fixed and it is directly impacted on the user experience. I am using chevereto script on a big websites with over 30K unique daily visitors.

User experience: scroll down on homepage until inifityscroll shows few pages of images. Then click on the “Users” tab. Only users related to that small page will be shown (Issue 1).
Then press F5, You will see the page is loaded by showing few photos only and infinity scroll is not function on that page anymore (issue 2). Users feel lost and that page doesn’t look complete unless you change the page.

You can compare how infinity scroll works on 500px.com unsplash.com pixabay.com and many other popular websites to understand my point.

You have builded a wounderful script and I am sure you also trying to fix these bugs for a better user experience. My suggestion is to fix this bug on the next update which is quite important tho.

Thank you

By design, don't confuse "bugs" with as-designed features. The infinite scroll is not intended to load all the previous listed images, just the "page" that corresponds. This is because doing the opposite will cause excessive load as there's no client cache on these, so your server will be listing let's say 800 images just because someone hitted F5.

There are always technical limitations that outcome the expected behavior, but there's always a way to make it work. For example, detect this behavior and switch to classic pagination so you can go backwards.

In any case, I will review this thing and if you can't live without it, I strongly suggest you to post about it on Feature Suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back