• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Is it possible to share same URL for Duplicated Upload ?

mkucuksari

Chevereto Member
As far as I learn, starting V3.8 we are able to enable/disable dublicated upload from image upload setting page.

I have just noticed that when I try to upload same image at www.imgbb.com, it seems to be that they allow to upload dublicate image, but they really share the same URL of the previous first upload.

What I want to know is : Is there any more setting for it that I miss or do they use a custom mode ?

I also find an old thread about same idea, but don’t know how it is ended ?

https://chevereto.com/community/threads/url-of-duplicated-upload.7882/

Hmm... good question, I always thought a duplicate upload actually uploaded the image again. I will check it later and see what happens. Maybe Rodolfo can confirm ;)
If we disable dublicate upload feature, system uploads the dublicate image as a new one and gives a different URL which is normal and excepted.

They detect if the upload looks from the same source based on IP and then just return the previous ID on dupe. Soon as you change your IP the thing handles the upload as a new process (a new unique upload).

They detect if the upload looks from the same source based on IP and then just return the previous ID on dupe. Soon as you change your IP the thing handles the upload as a new process (a new unique upload).
Thanks for your comment.

I will be very happy if you can share or give any idea how to do it (return the previous ID on dupe)

This would be a nice feature.

I also got many users who contact me saying they cannot upload a particular image due duplicate content protection. These users are mostly guest and they may have lost the original URL or upload got interrupted due to connectivity issues. So there is no way for them to get the URL without contacting me.

I understand the problem, but the solution of sharing the same image URL is unpractical and it will lead to more issues. 🤷‍

Back