• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Is it possible to only allow linked image?

bangsters

Chevereto Member
Hey i have a question, not sure if it's possible. Is it possible to only allow bbcode with link back to my site, and disable total hotlink (total where the image is displayed on 3rd party site and not clickable) i can disable hotlinking from server side, but not sure if It's possible to allow hotlinking as long as the image is clickable back to my site. Similar to using the linked image bbcode.

Worse case I can probably remove the hotlink embed codes and only retain hotlinked bbcodes.

Any suggestion?

No, that can't be done. When you embed an image, it doesn't matter if is linked or not, the image in both cases is being hotlinked.

There's no way in which you can allow hotlink only if the image is linked to your website. For the server, both linked or not will look the same so you can't detect that case either.

The only workaround for this will be to embed images using an iframe but far as I'm aware, no one embeds images using iframes.

Thanks @Rodolfo. What about if I remove some of the embed codes, where do I edit that?
Embed codes on /image are generated on app/routes/route.image.php

Embed codes after the upload process (and modal boxes) is generated by embed_tpl at snippets folder (theme).

Back