• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Is Apache + Nginx better than nginx alone?

I can use Apache + Nginx, Apache for the back end, nginx for the front end. Is it better than using nginx alone?
The only reason why someone will use Nginx before Apache http server is to benefit from any existing module or perhaps functionality. As you may know, Apache http server handles stuff differently than nginx so if you have worked you entire life with that server it will make sense to put it in the back.

If you are new to both, use nginx for a heavy website.

Depends always what do you need, i would always choose OpenLiteSpeed Server for my "small" personal Websites, but Litespeed is an event-driven async I/O server with a few threads / processes; which means it is faster than Apache and consumes less RAM/CPU than Apache. It is a commercial product, with a nice web-GUI for most administration tasks. It cannot do everything that Apache can, see the Litespeedtech site for details, there is a downside however, Litespeed costs money. The standard version is free (which is what I use), but it caps max concurrent connections.
In older benchmarks it performs better which in my experience is true, but at the same time tuning Apache can get close to similar results, but the LSAPI module is pretty unique (similar to fast-cgi) and works well, at end of the day its up on you what do you want to use.

If you are new to both, use nginx for a heavy website.

Exactly, listen to @Rodolfo and go for it, if u are not similar to it, try this out:

Last edited:
Depends always what do you need, i would always choose OpenLiteSpeed Server for my "small" personal Websites, but Litespeed is an event-driven async I/O server with a few threads / processes; which means it is faster than Apache and consumes less RAM/CPU than Apache. It is a commercial product, with a nice web-GUI for most administration tasks. It cannot do everything that Apache can, see the Litespeedtech site for details, there is a downside however, Litespeed costs money. The standard version is free (which is what I use), but it caps max concurrent connections.
In older benchmarks it performs better which in my experience is true, but at the same time tuning Apache can get close to similar results, but the LSAPI module is pretty unique (similar to fast-cgi) and works well, at end of the day its up on you what do you want to use.

Exactly, listen to @Rodolfo and go for it, if u are not similar to it, try this out:
CentminMod is interesting but the thing it takes forever to setup and this is no brainer for Linux experts. But not for people who dont know or not have skills with Linux or Cloud stuff.

I can't recommend enough to anyone working with servers to start using Linux everywhere, especially in desktop. The knowledge and the possibilities that I got by using a Linux based OS is probably one of the best investments of time that I've made.

Note that I used Windows and OS X for decades and from now on I won't go back to anything not Linux. It is just too good for me.

CentminMod is interesting but the thing it takes forever to setup and this is no brainer for Linux experts. But not for people who dont know or not have skills with Linux or Cloud stuff.
Everything takes forever to setup something properly, it takes even longer when u doing it manually..
And i bet that is much easier for someone without *nix knowledge to setup web server properly trough CentminMod then manually without any knowledge, at end of the installation all you have to do is to execute CentminMod Shell Menu and to type a single number of the function you want to have, even a Shepherd from the Mountains would understand it.. 🤓

Everything takes forever to setup something properly, it takes even longer when u doing it manually..
And i bet that is much easier for someone without *nix knowledge to setup web server properly trough CentminMod then manually without any knowledge, at end of the installation all you have to do is to execute CentminMod Shell Menu and to type a single number of the function you want to have, even a Shepherd from the Mountains would understand it.. 🤓
That is the one reason some guys developed cPanel to make life easier for everyone but that program sucked as they admit it and now its under new owners and I heard they are gonna re write or redesign and make cPanel more UI friendly. The reason, they require so much RAM/CPU even Disk space and that is one reason I try to avoid them so I use cloud based because its pure and just clean files, no crap. And even, its FAST and lighting speed and even 100% control.... That is a must for me!

Back