• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Integration MyBB

menoan

Chevereto Member
Hi guys,

I want to integerate this awesome script into MyBB. The header and footer should from MyBB. Can someone help me with this issue?

Best regards,
Simon

It seems that no one uses MyBB. I think that you can just use a static HTML version of that and add the css to the Chevereto's style.css

It seems that no one uses MyBB. I think that you can just use a static HTML version of that and add the css to the Chevereto's style.css

I can't tell if you're serious. It's one of the best free forum software's out there, and many people use it.

I've tried integrating MyBB and it's not too bad. I got the style working, but was unable to get the bridged login working as I've got no clue how to do that. Or change how MyBB/Chevereto encrypts it's passwords.

mybb being good or bad is a matter of opinion ^_^
I personally don't like it, I have seen way to many websites being compromised due to mybb. Of It was due to the user's them self or not, that I don't know. But it makes me doubt it's security.

(sorry for the off topic from the original question)

I mean that no one here uses it or perhaps few people does.

I use it, many gaming forums use it & it would be a good thing to have, not sure what he means though by integrate it. Like users?

I use it, many gaming forums use it & it would be a good thing to have, not sure what he means though by integrate it. Like users?

A Bridged Universal Login.

Which means, that Chevereto reads the Hash/salt of MyBB's password or vice versa as well as the username from the database.

That's not that hard, as all I need to know is how MyBB encrypts it's passwords and then apply the change to Chevereto.

However, I would like it to store a cookie, so both the forum and homepage are logged in simulatenously. It's not hard, but I'd need a dev to do it for me.

A Bridged Universal Login.

Which means, that Chevereto reads the Hash/salt of MyBB's password or vice versa as well as the username from the database.

That's not that hard, as all I need to know is how MyBB encrypts it's passwords and then apply the change to Chevereto.

However, I would like it to store a cookie, so both the forum and homepage are logged in simulatenously. It's not hard, but I'd need a dev to do it for me.

Oh i see, i like the sound of that. It could be useful for gaming image hosts, strange but it happens haha

Back