• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Installation of Chevereto 2.6.0

Fenix

Chevereto Noob
Hi Rodolfo,
This post !
http://chevereto.com/community/threads/please-help.4770/
I said that I have updated the config
$config['db_name'] = 'xxxxxxx'; // Database must exists
$config['db_user'] = 'xxxxxx'; // Database user with access to the above database name
$config['db_pass'] = 'xxxxxx';

I loaded the site but error..

You said that :
"Like I said, "as is""

I didn't understand ? Can I install it or not ? if yes, can you please tell me notice how to install it ?
I want to try Chevereto first to see if I can buy it or not !
Thanks.

Hi Fenix,
Version 2.6.0 is an old version of Chevereto.... a discontinued product as such.
Please understand that Rodolfo needs to concentrate on the latest version, and doesn't need the distraction of looking at 'old' code.

Capture.png

As you can see, it states that 2.6.0 is now unsupported. That's the reason why your getting the 'as is' responses. Because that's exactly what it is... What you download, is what you get.... THAT'S ALL.

Besides that point, you will not be able to use the admin panel or the Union theme with version 2.6.0
The admin panel was a custom addon made by another user here, and support was halted at roughly version 2.3.1
The theme (if you can still find it somewhere), will only support up to that version.
The YouTube video states version 2.2.1, so the theme might only support that version.

I would suggest that you try Chevereto version 3.*+ for a complete Chevereto experience.

If you require images of the dashboard admin panel, I can supply this for you... You can try the Chvereto demo here: http://demo.chevereto.com

I hope this helps.
Please do not open any more new topics on this matter :)

Last edited:
Thank your very very much, but at least if you can help me to install the old version I will appreciate that.
I know that there is no admin panal...etc, but I'm talking about the start, I want to try, V3 is much better and I want to get it, but as I said I want to try a version on my server and see how it works with my sites..etc
I'm so sorry for opening another post, but the other is closed.
Anyway, thank you very much.

Sorry Fenix,
I didn't notice that your other topics were closed.

What is the actual error that your receiving when you load your website?
I presume you have created the SQL database, and updated your config.php file with the correct settings ??

Thank you very much for your help, really I appreciate that :)
Yes, I have created the SQL database and updated config.php file
I Only changes these lines :
$config['db_name'] = 'xxxxxxx'; // Database must exists
$config['db_user'] = 'xxxxxx'; // Database user with access to the above database name
$config['db_pass'] = 'xxxxxx';
I only load the homepage ? or there is a specific path for the installation?
+ Which files I change the persmisions to allow the visitors to upload ?
Thank you very much.

Do you have a URL ?? or are you doing this on localhost?

Yes that's correct you have to change these parts as you have stated, there are a few other bits that you also need to change.
The admin password from default for instance - this is also in the config.php file

You need to change the SALT key, and you need to change something else as well I think.

You shouldn't need to change any permissions, this should already be done for you.

Have you actually uploaded all your files onto your server?? Are you receiving any errors when you load the homepage?

Thank you very much, please do you have a FB account to talk faster and finish this as soon as possible ?
Really appreciate your effort..thanks

C'mon dude, install 2.6.0 is pretty easy and any issue you got it will detected by the built in error check. Then just use google and search for the error.

Back