• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

install parse error

Haki88

Chevereto Member
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/XXX/public_html/XXX/app/loader.php on line 111

Get PHP 5.4+ is on the requirement list on download page and readme file.

And confirmed, you are running 5.3.28, not 5.4.X
You need 5.4.X+

But i see on cpanel Program Versions Click to View

Program
Version
Apache:
CentOS:
CentOS release 6.5 (Final)
cPanel:
11.42.1 (build 16)
Curl:
MySQL
phpMyAdmin
Python:
Program
Version
Perl:
PHP:
ionCube Loader:
Zend Optimizer:
Ruby:
Rails:

Ok, another question if i tell them to update to 5.4+ am i gonna loose something or mess other sites? (wordpress, ipb, wiki etc?)

Ive the same issue, watch this...
How to update (cpanel)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, another question if i tell them to update to 5.4+ am i gonna loose something or mess other sites? (wordpress, ipb, wiki etc?)
Refer to the other scrips documentation. I don't handle that data.

Tried to update it and again its not working^^ Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/XXX/public_html/XXX/app/loader.php on line 117

ftp info is same

I go start insulting support....they set 5.5 newest and now when its back to 5.3 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa fcking hostgator

Hostagor is actually pretty bad and according to their TOS you can't host Chevereto there (because they don't allow image sharing websites)

Last edited:
They allowed v2 but not v3^^ seems i need to wait 4 months until this hosting expires and then buy new one :(

They allowed v2 but not v3^^ seems i need to wait 4 months until this hosting expires and then buy new one :(

Nope, I talked directly with them when I was seeking for a new sponsor. They don't allow image hosting websites in the shared plans. They allow image sharing websites only in VPS and dedicated. The other thing is the PHP support which you can switch somewhere in their panel.

**********From 2013**********

Are you sure i can install Chevereto on hostgator Baby packet? I really dont want to get ban from hostgator. On 15 February 2013 00:06

Hello, We are confident that the Baby package can run the Chevereto software. In order to ensure your site/account is not removed from our shared environment we ask that you stay within the Terms of Service. http://www.hostgator.com/tos If your account/site is found to be an issue on the server then we do offer VPS and dedicated servers that may be more suitable for your sites needs. If you require further assistance with this issue please let us know.

You are saying baby packet can run Chevereto, but saying to not break tos. But in tos is this: Examples of unacceptable material on all Shared and Reseller servers include: - Image Hosting Scripts (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic) You gave me 2 answers so am little confused :)

Hello, I apologize for the confusion. Allow me to clarify what is meant. Photobucket and Tinypic are image hosting services whereas Chevereto is an image hosting script that draws it's images from the server rather than remotely. This is the main difference when referencing the ToS.

Talked with them early this year and they say no. Look, with Arvixe I talked directly with the founder of the company and 100% confirmed that Chevereto is allowed in all their plans. Most hosting companies will work fine with Chevereto but hostgator is a no no for me. Try to avoid them.

watch this:

Date: May 25, 2014

Time: 05:55 PM CST
Hello, Thank you for contacting HostGator. The cheverto.com script will run without issues on our shared server.

Date: Jun 04, 2014
Time: 01:46 PM CST

But is it allowed to run Chevereto @ shared hosting?

Date: Jun 04, 2014

Time: 08:34 PM CST
Hello, Thank you for contacting HostGator. As we did advise there should be no issues. Please let us know if you have any questions we will gladly assist.

I will try to host chevereto, i will post here if they "do something".

Back