• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Install Chevereto V4 on a VPS

Barry

💖 Chevereto Fan
As I am sure many of you are aware, the documentation to install Chevereto V4 on a VPS is somewhat technical and might be over many people's heads. For that reason, I have written a 'simplified' version of the documentation to walk you through installing V4 on a brand new VPS.

In my case, there are other websites in VPS besides Chevereto, so the official script is not suitable. I have to configure the environment myself.

In my case, there are other websites in VPS besides Chevereto, so the official script is not suitable. I have to configure the environment myself.
Good point. It should be mentioned in the VPS documentation that it really needs to be a dedicated VM.

It should be mentioned in the VPS documentation that it really needs to be a dedicated VM.
VPS means Virtual Private Server, if is dedicated or shared doesn't matter. Only the "new.sh" script is for brand new systems, all the other scripts works on existing machines.

If you already have a system running you may not need to use neither prepare.sh or new.sh, but all the other scripts are designed to work in existing systems. Take a look at get.sh, it enables to download from the API, extract and provide the software files.

Aren't you paying attention to the source code?

Back