• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Included CDN support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shan

💖 Chevereto Fan
Okay, so after working with anmolgill to get CDN working on my website.

I thought of an idea, why not have it already there?

Adding it was very simple, which took literally 2 minutes to add and edit the values in the config.php and the functions.php files.

However, for new members with no experience to coding whatsoever, this may be a bit more of a challenge, so why not have it in?

Simply under the config.php have a setting with this layout.

PHP:
/** CDN Support
*Please only change this if you know what you're doing.
*Make sure your CDN is configured correctly BEFORE setting this value
*/
$config['CDN_enabled'] = 'true';  // Values: true | false
$config['CDN_url'] = '';  //http(s)://cdn.mysite.com/

And then in the functions.php; having the value of 'true' (default falue would be false)

would change it to use either the CDN url or the _CHV_ROOT_ url

Wouldn't be too hard to implement, like 15+ minutes max as the settings are already there.

This depends on how the CDN work. Some CDN will work just fine with this but other ones needs more setup and more hastle to put the files on the server. There is also things like cloudflare that really doesnt need setup.

This depends on how the CDN work. Some CDN will work just fine with this but other ones needs more setup and more hastle to put the files on the server. There is also things like cloudflare that really doesnt need setup.

I guess that's true, but most CDN's should function the same way.

And surely it would make it much easier to get it to work. And Cloudflare integration isn't hard either, and seeing more people would most likely use a CDN on their site rather than cloudflare, I'd say further CDN support would be of a higher priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back