• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Images w/ high resolution return "internal server error" upon upload.

Kai

Chevereto Member
Hi Rodolfo,

Site is here: http://dk2.vrchive.org

Previous versions of Chevereto work fine on the same server with the same settings. What changed?

Try uploading a 6000px wide image.

Would love to upgrade, but the test isn't going so well so I'll stick to the old version until this works.

If you need ftp access let me know.

Thanks!

Oh yeah, also worth mentioning Dreamhost doesn't see any errors so it is pretty hard for us to know how to fix this from our side.

Most likely is the time execution limit, maybe a memory limit. Check the error_log for more information.

Memory limit and execution time limit are the same as they have always been and I had no problems.

Error log doesn't return anything useful.

http://dev.vrchive.org is the working version I haven't overwritten yet. Same server, same phpinfo and settings. 90M memory limit on both, execution time has always been 30 and never had problems before.

Looks like the thumbnail generation stops the upload or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
You also have to take into account that the system now does one extra re-size (medium sized image) and most likely your server can't handle it. Even the demo can't do the thing on extremely big images because is just a normal LEMP setup, nothing fancy.

Try to enable the error reporting in the admin dashboard and use the browser console to see the request response, but I doubt that you will see anything. This kind of errors are obscured by the class abstraction.

To be honest, the only way to really re-size this kind of images will be to use a direct command on the shell rather than use PHP as an API caller for it, assuming that the server can handle that. Image re-sizing is something that demands a lot of memory, at least for GD library.

Last edited:
I understand.

But why would that feature work fine on the same server with an older version of Chevereto?

It looks like the thumbnails are still 500px wide, and I've always uploaded 6000px images on this server w/ Chevereto.

I understand.

But why would that feature work fine on the same server with an older version of Chevereto?

It looks like the thumbnails are still 500px wide, and I've always uploaded 6000px images on this server w/ Chevereto.

Like I said, the system now does one extra re-size.

Back