• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Image upload on mobile phones only upload 1 image

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangsters

Chevereto Member
Website URL
http://pixelsbin.com

Chevereto version

Description of the issue
Hello. I have purchased and installed the software. Everything looks great except for an issue when uploading multiple images from phone. No matter how many images i select, it only uploads one image.

Currently using on an android phone, htc 10.

I found that you have to toggle back and forth from the gallery and the program to select the multiple images... Then upload them all at once.

Plus make sure they're below your max upload limit.

thank you. So selecting multiple images on the device would not worj, and I would need to select one image then click ok, then go back to device upload and select another image. Is there a way to allow multiple selection without having to go back and forth?

Click upload, open your gallery and select an image. You will be directed back to the upload menu. Select keep adding images from your device, then select the next image. Do this again and again until you are ready to upload them all at once.

Just click the blue icon that shows in the middle of the uploader then select "files" and then long press on every item you want to upload. I will add a "browse from device" link because it seems that the camera thing just confuses everybody.

Thank you for the replies. I think the issue i snot on the Site itself, but on the mobile phone. If you click the blue icon to select files, it allows you to select multiple files. But only the last file you select actually gets chosen. Even if you select 5 images, only the last one is selected. I think this is where the confusion is. You can click the link to upload more images, and then it allows you again to select multiple files, and only the last one is again added to the queue to be uploaded.

So what happens is you select a file, click ok, then click link select file again, then ok..... if you select multiple files at once in the device, it will only select the last one.

I have a Samsung 6 Active. I'm not experiencing the trouble you're having.
You can click the link to upload more images, and then it allows you again to select multiple files, and only the last one is again added to the queue to be uploaded.
All the images I select upload...Even on your site.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, those issues are device/browser specific. When you pick a file the browser must send a different file ID but if the ID is the same every time the system can't tell if the chosen image is already loaded or not. This doesn't happen to me on my OP3 (Android N) running Chrome and if this were a bug, we will have already too many complaints about this.

Also, you didn't mention which browser are you using. Maybe you use stock/vendor browser and in that case, is encouraged that you use a modern and reliable browser like Chrome.

I just uploaded 3 car pictures a guest to your site all at once.

Also, you didn't mention which browser are you using. Maybe you use stock/vendor browser and in that case, is encouraged that you use a modern and reliable browser like Chrome.
Very good point.

I'm using Chrome...I can't select multiple images without doing it one at a time back and forth as I've previously described.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will add a "browse from device" link because it seems that the camera thing just confuses everybody.
I will add a "browse from device" link because it seems that the camera thing just confuses everybody.
What about something like (similar to what you have on your test site):

Put the word "CLICK" above the blue arrow.

"Select the images to upload"
"You can also browse from device, open your camera or add image URLs."

Last edited:
Unfortunately, those issues are device/browser specific. When you pick a file the browser must send a different file ID but if the ID is the same every time the system can't tell if the chosen image is already loaded or not. This doesn't happen to me on my OP3 (Android N) running Chrome and if this were a bug, we will have already too many complaints about this.

Thanks. I had a feeling it might have been devices related. I'm using an HTC 10 (non rooted, totally stock) and the Internet browser it came with which I believe is chrome.

I tried it on chevereto demo site, and it behaved the same way.

1. clicked button to upload pictures
2. device menu opens at the bottom -> I select Documents (other options were Camera, Complete action, Voice Recorder)
3. I select Google Photos -> Camera folder
4. Selected 3 images, then clicked ok
5. Only last image selected shows up in chevereto site.

Gonna try on my wife's Galaxy Note. Will report back result.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if you test the demo or your website, the problem is your web browser. Since I'm unable to debug directly in your browser, I can't help you any further.

By the way, use OS file picker, not an app file picker.

Doesn't matter if you test the demo or your website, the problem is your web browser. Since I'm unable to debug directly in your browser, I can't help you any further.

By the way, use OS file picker, not an app file picker.

Thanks. Yes I agree it's device issue :)

EDIT: I got it to work. Thanks to your tip of using OS file picker. Initially I was selecting Google Photos, which in turn on adds the last selected. When I just tried and selected "images" button instead of google photos, it allowed me to add multiple in one go.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back