• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Image Tags

marioaldayuz

Chevereto Member
Hello,

I've searched and can't find if image tagging is a feature or if putting text in the description allows users to search for it. Would appreciate any tips on better ways to find specific photo content!

System doesn't have tags and yes, you can search by description. Is just that mysql search in Chevereto is very basic.

I think tags are, especially today, a must have feature. I know a few image stock/sharing platforms which are only using tags instead of categories.

Tags are much better at some key things instead of categories.
  • More flexible than categories
    When organizing content into categories, you inevitably will run into cases where an item conceivably would fit into more than one category or into none of the existing categories. Also you can search and categories (with the tags) images deeper into more special topics instead of creating hundreds of categories. +You can add a few tags, instead of only one category.
  • You can develop a much better search with it.
  • You can crowd-source SEO to your users. Sometimes they know better than you what they would type if they search an image.

The features to manage categories are amazing in Chevereto. You can select multiple images and categories them. I would love to see that with tags too.

However it seems that tags are still in developing. Does anyone know updates about it? ;)

I just ordered license today and realized no Tag system, saw this topic from May 2017 (T_T), looking forward on this tag system implement soon as this is quite important for a gallery system.

Back