• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Image collections

derekmlr

Chevereto Member
Currently, an image can be part of one album. I feel users should have the ability to make an image be part of multiple albums instead of just one.

For example, I have a wolf picture in an album with very similar other photos (e.g. a wolf photo in an album with other wolf pictures) and want to add it to another album that hosts a collection of photos from a trip (that the photo was originally from).

Flickr seems to allow this, as well as Imgur. I see albums as a neat tool to help share a collection of images like a story or groups, but the images themselves don't need to be exclusive imho.

I believe in image collections, which works as a YouTube playlist. You have a video (image) owned by someone, this someone store it in some section (album) and anyone can add this video to a playlist (collection).

At least it makes me more sense and is way easier for the end user to understand the concept.

What you think?

Last edited:
I believe in image collections, which works as a YouTube playlist. You have a video (image) owned by someone, this someone store it in some section (album) and anyone can add this video to a playlist (collection).

At least it makes me more sense and is way easier for the end user to understand the concept.

What you think?
I think that would be an even bigger improvement. Also seems to fit the vibe of the social features you'll be adding in 3.7.8

So yeah, I like that idea. Could call it "Collections" or so.

Back