• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

I got a Dedicated Server, but website loading slow - DNS issue?

AshleyUK

💖 Chevereto Fan
I THINK THIS IS SOLVED NOW.......
MY HOST EDITED MY APACHE SETTINGS. WEBSITE SEEMS TO BE LOADING FAST AGAIN... (for now :p ) Thanks for looking anyway.

Hi,
I took the leap from shared hosting and got myself a dedicated server. :)
Here are the specs:

Intel i7-2600
1TB SATA3 Hard Drive
8GB RRAM DDR3
1Gbit best effort: 250Mbps guaranteed

So basically I'm having issues with the website loading slowly. Here is a screenshot from Pingdom:

http://i.imgur.com/k4RwQ.png

I'm not sure if it's down to my DNS settings or what?
It's taking about 20 seconds before anything is even loaded/shown.

However in about a few hours it might return back to normal, and start loading in 1 - 2 seconds. o_O

It done this yesterday as well.

Does anyone have any good experience with dedicated servers and would like to look into this for me? My knowledge off SSH / looking at DNS & checking disk I/O records isn't very good :(

I thought moving to a dedicated server would make my website fast, at the moment it's not the case.

Any comments welcome.

Hello,

When you have a dedicated server and you're hosting your own DNS and if your site is slow could be many problems.

1. Apache Settings - Default isn't so great.
2. Make sure your IPs are pointed properly to your server. (If they're not working than this can cause a DNS failure.)
3. Make sure your nameservers are setup correctly, Meaning: Registered, Pointed to the IPs of the server and A Records on your server for your DNS. (Server)

To verify your nameservers are pointing to a DNS Server and IPs: http://www.intodns.com/ is a good website to check.

Do you see any "RED"? Are the IPs, your server IPs?

Lastly, Another common issue that can cause DNS issues is a DNS Resolvers.

Login to your server via SSH.

Use your favorite editor (I prefer nano / pico) - If you're familiar with vim than you use that.

Code:
nano /etc/resolv.conf

I'd recommend removing everything out of there and use Google's DNS Servers, The file will be like this:

Code:
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

Than press ctrl+x (Prompt to Save) and press 'y' for yes and press enter.

Back