• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

How to update?

eXotic

Chevereto Member
Hey!
I am using Cloudways for my hosting.
What is the best way to update Chevereto?
Because uploading files via FTP takes too much time.

Hey!
I am using Cloudways for my hosting.
What is the best way to update Chevereto?
Because uploading files via FTP takes too much time.
FTP the zip to your hosting. Extract there. This really is a pretty small package by todays standards. Upload, extract, overwrite.

Does not have this option.

How can I update via 1 click?
I don't understand the thread
📦 Deprecated HTTP update system

To guarantee the integrity of your installations, for V4 we will push on update methods based on CLI + file system. This means that to update within V4 you will require to unzip the package in your server.

Same goes for web panel users, after an exhaustive survey I've noticed that most well-known web panels may not include shell access, but for sure they at least provide a file manager with unzip support.

To make this easier we will provide shell scripts to ease the work on the CLI.

Does not have this option.

How can I update via 1 click?
I don't understand the thread
There is no way. And there is also no easy to use CLI script provieded.
Quite a step backwards compared to version 3.

Honestly, I don't understand why such an absolutely basic function was not implemented here. Downloading the package, unpacking it and replacing it will not be particularly difficult to build.

I don't understand why such an absolutely basic function was not implemented here.
Here we go again... Why you keep bringing this to me?

I determined that for us it was absolutely not safe to rely on a self-updating system. As Chevereto users either use web panels or VPS it was understood that everybody had the means to carry these updates without needing a system made on top of the software itself.

Downloading the package, unpacking it and replacing it will not be particularly difficult to build.
A self-updating system is trivial, as a matter of fact we had one already made. Problem you don't realize is that such system is brittle and breaks a lot (it did it plenty times) on our context. Is not that we never had self-updating, we did it plenty years and it broke too many installations (the more on the V3.20.X times) and it also brought a permissions issue that also exposed installations.

You should feel lucky it didn't break yours.

Back