• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How to turn off image compression. I don't need thumbnails

One of his question is not answered. Chevereto is compressing the image when it is trying to fix the orientation by getting the data from EXIF. Any idea why ?

I wanted to know why it leads to compression of image.

Last edited:
Chevereto is compressing the image when it is trying to fix the orientation by getting the data from EXIF. Any idea why ?
Sure, I designed it that way. The "compression" is because the system needs to create a new image to fix the orientation, when it does that it needs to create a new image and surprise JPG is a lossy algorithm, it always have compression. This image orientation fix is because browsers back then (idk like 5 years ago) didn't fix orientation so in some browsers the images appeared sideways.

Nowadays I don't know if this is still required, according to this support is relatively new circa 2020.

I think that you should open an RFC requesting to stop fixing orientation, it is a useless step and we could add a polyfill for those browsers not supporting it.

If I remove the orientate function, which recreates the image. Do the images load from right to left?

1660602353122.png

The left side is yet to load when the page is being snapshotted. Also, on the image viewer page, the images appeared shrunk.

Back