• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How to migrate the entire chevereto program to the new server

Status
Not open for further replies.

myximage

Chevereto Member
I back up the script and the database and restore it on the new server. But after entering the URL, I was prompted to install the script.
Does the government provide complete and correct migration steps?

Should be straight forward. Make sure you get everything from old root folder to new root folder and check if your DB username/passoword and ip(connection) is up to date in settings.php

Can I copy the web page scripts and databases are completely copied to the new space, I visit my domain name, even prompted me to install the script!

Attachments

• TIM截图20180117174342.png
    TIM截图20180117174342.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 35
Did you check your settings.php in app/settings.php? If you changed webhost and copied the files it wont automaticly change the database settings, I suspect this still refers to the old database connection.

Will it be because of your script after installation, what is a machine code. Then the script to migrate to a new server, the machine code does not match

Will it be because of your script after installation, what is a machine code. Then the script to migrate to a new server, the machine code does not match

No, the script does not require a hardware-key. You can move servers all you want, I've done it multiple times between my private servers.

These steps should migrate succesfully;

1. Export database (download complete sql)
2. Backup www or public html folder (depending on which system you use web folder can vary)
3. Import database on the new server
4, Copy www or public_html folder to new server (depending on which system you use web folder can vary)
5. Edit and recheck settings.php (db settings)
6. Point domain to new server ip (ofc)

Thats it..

If you still are having issues please provide more information (screens of your folderpath and content or login information to inbox@chevereto.com so rodolfo can take a look)

Thanks a lot, I found out what is the reason.
The reason is that when I restore the file on the new server, the permissions of the redirect.php file in the original root directory change from the original 644 to 755, resulting in the installation steps being performed to access the domain name. I reset her permissions to 644, It seems everything is normal.
Still thank you very much.

The server is a requirement and we don't offer support for server issues. There are plenty guides showing you how to migrate from server A to server B and most hosting companies will do this for free.

Plesse refer this issue to your hosting company or server administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back