• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How to make search results nonindex?

user_ac5e6

Chevereto Member
Pro
There is a huge issue it seems with chevereto, it seems that search results are being indexed? A few search results of mine have been indexed for some reason...

This is really bad for SEO, considering sites can get spam attacked by chinese spammers who will try to rank "their" search results, which is whatever they type.

I know on wordpress with rankmath the search results are by default set to noindex, how can I do the same? Any suggestions?

To prevent your search results from being indexed, you'll need to add a robots.txt file to manage that behavior. Starting from Chevereto v4.2.0, I've already included a noindex, follow directive in the meta robots tag, which should help resolve this issue. This should ensure search results aren’t indexed by default.

Back