• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

How to generate contact page from php file on v4?

Version
PHP version
Database driver
MariaDB
Database version
Web browser
Chrome

lovedigit

👽 Chevereto Freak
Hello,

On v3, to generate contact form we had a contact.php file which would generate .html file. We could edit it from dashboard, or from php file, and it would update the html file. But I am puzzled about v4.
After updating to v4.0.0 from v3.20.19, the contact page as well as TOS page html file is empty. I tried deleting html file from /content/pages/ so that it would be generated once again from the relevant php files. But it is not working.
If I try to copy paste the contents from the php file, for example from /content/pages/default/contact.php to dashboard page editor, the contact page throws error.
13_chrome_2uvpaBca5a.png

And if I copy /content/pages/default/contact.html to /content/pages/contact.html, the contact page doesn't work. For starters it doesn't look like the demo.
15_chrome_P5KetUy1Uf.png
and it doesn't send email.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
So, all I have to do is write php code directly on dashboard pages editor, right?

But, I am still getting the same error if I copy and save contents of /content/pages/default/contact.php to dashboard pages editor.

What I really want to know if how do I add php code to these pages? Because directly adding them from pages editor doesn't work anymore.
Also, "Enter/New Line" keyboard button doesn't work in the editor as well.

Last edited:

CHEVERETO_ENABLE_PHP_PAGES
I set
Code:
'CHEVERETO_ENABLE_PHP_PAGES' => '1',
in env-default.php
As a result I get 'This file cannot be directly accessed.' if I try to access any of the php pages.
I have also saved all the contents of the pages in html files so I reverted to the original env-default.php
They all function except the contact page which gives me the same result as the op.

What am I doing wrong?

Make sure you also edit file name extension to .php in dashboard > settings > pages > “PAGE NAME”

Where PAGE NAME is name of the page you want to edit.

I set
Code:
'CHEVERETO_ENABLE_PHP_PAGES' => '1',
in env-default.php
As a result I get 'This file cannot be directly accessed.' if I try to access any of the php pages.
I have also saved all the contents of the pages in html files so I reverted to the original env-default.php
They all function except the contact page which gives me the same result as the op.

What am I doing wrong?
At least I seem to have resolved the problem as far as the 'Contact page' is concerned in HTML.
To cut a long story short I changed the 'Internal page type' to 'Extra page' and then after looking at creating a new contact page I changed my mind and changed the 'Internal page type' back to 'Contact page'. Much to my surprise it then worked.
I think it must have made some correction to the database when I did this.
As this is now working I will leave the page type as HTML instead of worrying about PHP on the basis of 'why fiddle with something that is working' 😆

Back