• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How to add link to the copy embed button

metalwrap

Chevereto Noob
Hello I removed all the embed codes but one.

I have added a link to an external page in the header.php file which shows up next to the random link button.

I have also changed the copy embed button to read something else.

Is it possible to somehow include the external page link with the copy button so that not only does pressing it copy the code as designed but also opens this external link at the same time?

Could you possible advice where I can put the external link code to achieve this.

Thanks

Sure you can, you will need to add a JS event listener over that element and custom code what you need.

Can you recommend a good website where I can quickly learn how to do such edits? I can find info but its a bit like trying to learn a full language just to say hello and i havent the time to learn it all.

I mean is it as easy as finding the right code and in this case all that code going into views/image.php at the same area as the copy embed code, or are we talking about script files going in a separate folder somewhere?

Already ive found it to be a challenge trying to edit, for example every time i tried to delete the other embed codes it would break the page, through trial and error eventually got only the first to show.

I can understand whats required but implementing it seems currently out of my skill set so need to adapt my learning other wise i wont get things as i need them.

I can find the code but knowing where to put that code is something else, its like trying to complete a crossword in a language ive never seen before>>>blindfolded

I've just copied the theme so that I can apply updates and not loose customisation's and noticed a custom js section, would I add code there for an event listener and then some code to trigger this in the view/image.php file?

Last edited:
Is there anyone in this forum able to help work out these small bits of code I need to adjust things?

Seems to make more sense getting help from someone who knows chevereto than , crawling for a needle in a hay stack, through various forums and sites

All I can find are multiple examples of the same thing which make no sense and give no indication as to where i might put these code within chevereto so useless information to me.

Adding a simple pop up window to the copy embed button is all I'm looking to achieve

Thanks

Back