• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How good is Chevereto Img Host Script?

dsimms

Chevereto Noob
Greetings,

I have had some bad luck with free img host scripts lately, and I just wanted to
ask you guys what you think of Chevereto?

1: How good is the script overall?
2: How stable is the script?

I guess I am on my 3rd img host script.

1st: Never could get the the first one to work....
2nd - it was up for a week with about 20+ imgs before total crash....
3rd - another crash and burn, according to their directions, this script
should have been an easy out of the box setup.....

and today I have found myself here, hoping to find a better solution
then the free scripts that I have recently tried....

Thanks guys,

I think that I'm not the right person to speak about Chevereto as a customer and of course that for me Chevereto is pretty good. However, I will try to be the most honest that I can in this post . (if you didn't notice I'm the author or Chevereto):

1: How good is the script overall?
Overall (to this present date) is good enough and it does what it says that it does. The most important issue is that Chevereto (current release) has a limited set of features. While the other folks already have user system, affiliates, etc. we only have what is listed here: http://chevereto.com/download This is because Chevereto is a very old project and every step is heavily tested, we are breaking ice here. Before Chevereto 2.X the image hosting script was a pale desert area and since Chevereto appeared a lot of scripts has come (and a lot of them have died). Now we are at the gates of the 3rd major release and you can find the feature set here: http://chevereto.com/community/threads/chevereto-3-feature-set-final.3288/ (That is like 30X the current V2 release). That is how I deal with the leak of features, developing an amazing thing instead of just do crappy implementations.

2: How stable is the script?
Well, define stable. If you meat that the script will screw your machines or burn your CPU, well.. I have no record of the script doing that (or any script whatsoever) because that issues are most likely on the server rather than the script. If you meant stable in the way that the script is well supported.. Well, take a peek here: http://chevereto.com/community/forums/tech-support.16/

Now, V3 is the biggest thing since Chevereto V2 and it will set a lof of new things like that Chevereto will run two frameworks (Front and Backend) just because the development in V3 is so intensive that I need to order things. And these frameworks are custom made, they have been developed from scratch for Chevereto. Do you know anyone else doing that? Nope... And that is because I realize that scripting business has a lot of downsides and a lot of folks like you have been heavily dissapointed with them. You should read my last blog entry because is about what happened with you and those scripts. http://rodolfoberrios.com/post/59656144217/the-decadence-of-scripting

Chevereto has more than 1000 clients and a lot of installations out there. That is the best benchmark that you can get. Of course that Chevereto is not perfect and the current version every day feels more old but with V3 things will go up again. Finally, if you want to know more fell free to read the Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevereto or ask clients/users around here. If you browse the forum you will notice that I'm very close to the customers and I actually take care of hear them.

Cheers,

Last edited:
+5 for having a forum
+5 for having support

I never saw forum or support with the other scripts....
so it is already a plus from what I can see....

I am a little disappointed that there is no selection of themes/mods, but
i imagine for my needs at the moment, then default should work just fine.

after all, its just a hobby thing, I have not setup anything yet that has turned popular... :(

its just a hobby thing, I have not setup anything yet that has turned popular... :(

Something very useful about scripts is that you can learn a lot from them. Several years ago I was like you, messing around with scripts and not knowing about programming or something. Scripts gave me a window where I was able to understand how things work in the real world and what you can accomplish with, in this case, PHP. I used a lot of scripts, really.. a lot of them. With that I was able to start coding my own things (very messy and awful but it was ok). So I ended up mixing a lot of concepts from one script to another and making my own way to code. In some point you don't code in certain language, you only replicate your concepts there and there... Tell me about it, my current PHP is highly inspired in JS.

So, I never took a book or something to learn it. I mean, the paradigms and things like that because obviously I had to read documentations. I learned directly viewing the code, despite the syntax, in some point you start to identify code structures. You can only understand that viewing a lot of code and from different people.

Is a nice hobby, very useful to learn.

Last edited:
Back