• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

How do i enable thumbnails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenzato

Chevereto Member
🎯Description of the issue

My website usually has images that are 252x352, these are only about 150KB each but when you get them in the explore view for example the numbers do add up making a single page be about 10 MB which is very slow for those that don't have decent internet.

The thumbnails are not thumbnails and are just the regular links to the image[As in the same link is used for the "thumbnail" and the actual image].
For it to make thumbnails would i need to for example make the "Thumb size " value maybe one pixel less each?

[Website has nsfw content, dont view if in a work enviroment]

actually tumbnail it uses are md files. etc script creates 3 files 1.test.png 2.test_md.png 3.test_th.png so th is normally thumbnail image and what you probably could do is replace md with th in template coding for it to read th image instead?

Update: Nvm just follow what @Rodolfo just posted before me.

Rodolfo mind trying one of the 252x cards as they are the ones i notice the issue with, i believe the bigger ones dont get affected by this issue maybe?

Most likely you edited the settings using too big thumbs and now you notice this issue. Like I said, the thing won't revert back the changes made but you can fool the system to regenerate the .md and .th images. Simply delete these .td.* and .md.* files and when you browse your website listings (explore, user profile, whatever) the system will generate auto the missing thumbs applying your new settings.

So i am currently in the process of doing that although jakesully, the guy on discord said that you are "wrong" in this situation and that its a threshold where it will decide to use normal images or md/th images instead, if thats the case i guess i would need to find where this threshold is decided. i am not sure about that so il try what you said first and hope that it works.

Sorry for any headaches

Deleting .md and .th made the explore pages etc disappear( as in no html there) i re added the images and now the website is back up so i assume what jakesully said about there somehow being a threshold for if thumbnail is going to be used or not, the thumbnails are being made, just not being used,
i also noticed that the thumbnails are almost double in size than the actual images so yes rodolfo i was using too big thumbs early on but now that im using smaller onces it still dosent take use of them.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/496328379377778699/509747497489661963/unknown.png

So basically now i need to find out how to regenerate thumbnails without the website basically disappearing and how to make the website use the smaller thumbnails, even on jakesullys site it wont use the thumbnails because of the resolution the original image is in apparantly. If there trully is a threshold there should be a place to change the threshold in the code but i woulden't know how to find it.

Honestly, this could go on forever as we are just running in circles here.

By the way, realize that you are running CloudFlare, that thing CACHE the images. You have to flush that cache to see the changes.

If that doesn't help, then try a complete fresh install and don't touch anything. If the thing fails there then we could assume that there are some bug in the source, but until then, this is just some really messed up settings.

I'm sorry but we can't help you to revert your bad settings because the system wasn't built with that in consideration. All the workarounds provided had its own caveats, like that the "delete .md.*" process eats tons of memory. These are "hacks", not official procedures guarantee to work. We always assume that your server can handle the thing, but this is not the case.

Did wipe the cloudflare cache.
we found it its not just my system where it wont use the thumbnails, jakesully and even the demo page both dont make thumbnails for it, when you tested it you selected one of the large images and not the images i was having issues with
here for example on the demo page of chevereto i uploaded the image and it does not have a thumbnail

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/496328379377778699/509792067875110912/unknown.png

Also if i wanted to do this regeneration i guess i could download the script from the server, use wamp or similar and then put that back on the server, technically that should work i believe if my server itself is too weak to process it

[Nsfw] here is the link to the cards, including a few that do work

https://mega.nz/#F!WEB1BAyC!zKUCOayAZeIMvJ7FH-2YeQ

also https://demo.chevereto.com/i/koikatu-f-20181106124742652.UYM for the image i uploaded directly to the demo
(image not having a thumbnail is visible in the recent screen)

Also some images do get converted which is weird like this one for example

https://demo.chevereto.com/i/koikatu-f-20181105135413389-1.UYO

also might be a coincidence but 2 of the ones that did have thumbnails were by the same user, the user still had plenty of images without thumbnails but the 2 working images i uploaded to the mega had converted for some reason

No issues at all at my end.

https://demo.chevereto.com/a/testkenzato.Rv

1. The system barely uses the thumbs at all and only md and full sized images are handled by the system listings. Thumbs are exclusively to be used outside the website and when the md or original image is too big for display.
2. Thumbs for these files are being generated.
3. md and th images won't be generated unless the original image is greater than the target image
4. The system doesn't compress PNG (not a feature at all).

If you want to use thumbs in your listings then hack app\lib\classes\class.image.php
PHP:
$display = $image['medium'] !== null ? $image['medium'] : ($image['size'] < G\get_bytes('500 KB') ? $image : $image['thumb']);

Change that '500 KB' to whatever size you want to pick as the max size allowed before reverting to thumbs.

Please don't mix stuff. If the system doesn't work as you wish is not necessary a bug or issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back