• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Hosting

KingHerz

Chevereto Noob
Hi,

I am interested in buying this script but I have a question first. If I buy shared hosting with additional CDN will that suffice for a big image host? Or would I still need a dedicated server?

Hi,

When you setup this with CDN + External storage you are only leveraging traffic, which indeed helps a lot to make your website more reliable and faster, but if your website will get let say 1000 uploads per minute then the machine won't be able to process that without delays, and I'm talking about any shared server out there.

In this case I think that the best for you is start with shared hosting + external storage (like S3) and then upgrade the hosting plan to either VPS or dedicated when you noticed that you need to make that move. Key element is the external storage, so if your website grows fast then the migration is quite easy because the files will keep in the same external server, you will only move the database and the core files.

Last edited:
Thanks for your fast reply!

So the following is possible:

- Start with Arxive hosting package
- Add CDN storage when site is getting bigger
- Eventually move to VPS or a dedicated server to handle large requests of upload and traffic? (keeping the CDN as well)

Sure, and you can even upgrade the Arvixe hosting included in the bundle. I use Arvixe in Chevereto.com and it works great.

Back