• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Help me choosing Forum

PhpBB or Smf

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sumanth

Chevereto Member
Hi, i am starting new community website for that i need forum.please help me to choose which one is good.PhpBB or Smf

Always used SMF! Great forum with a lot of mods and great support on their forum. Sincerly i don't know nothing about phpBB but i can advice Smf for sure.

Cheers

Hi, i am starting new community website for that i need forum.please help me to choose which one is good.PhpBB or Smf

It depends of what are your need, if you need a strong and robust forum software, phpbb is better, but smf is faster.

Both are very secure, but I'm pretty sure phpbb has less security fails than SMF.

SMF will be faster, and easier to code mods with, but phpbb has a huge mod and themes librairy.

Giving more details on what you are looking for is always a good idea ;)

It was a time when phpBB was highly owned for several time but I don't know how it will be now. My recommendation is SMF.

Thank u guys... I am choosing SMF.phpbb admin panel is complicated than smf and more features i saw on smf compared to phpbb.:)
No one polled on above poll.:(

What's your community forum based on mostly? I mean, forum software can actually ruin the feel of the user, for example. You don't see many gaming sites using SMF, or phpBB. It's all MyBB & IPB nowadays.

What's your community forum based on mostly? I mean, forum software can actually ruin the feel of the user, for example. You don't see many gaming sites using SMF, or phpBB. It's all MyBB & IPB nowadays.
For some entertainment community like movis,games etc,,

For some entertainment community like movis,games etc,,

To be honest, I'm still not sure why you stuck with SMF.

MyBB and IPB(which is paid) are MUCH more easier to work with than SMF and PHPBB.

And MyBB is contantly expanding, and is currently one of (if not the) best free forum out there.

Yeah, I must agree that IPB is the best paid one. XenForo has great SEO but the lack of documentation and their bad support doesn't deserve your money.

Yeah, I must agree that IPB is the best paid one. XenForo has great SEO but the lack of documentation and their bad support doesn't deserve your money.

Yeah. Was rather surprised when you chose XF over IPBoard. But it still looks good anyway!

I was between the two of them, besides IPB is more expensive.

our previous forum is also smf...how's ur experience rodolfo..u feel anything missing or any issues in smf.

Consider mybb. It's much better than any free forum software.
If you ever look for premium, go for IPB....it doesn't get any better than ipb xD

Back