• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Help adding external storage via local api

Version
Website URL
https://rengorfhl.dev
PHP version
Database driver
MariaDB
Database version
Web browser
vivaldi

user_61ae0

Chevereto Member
Hello, I'm running ubuntu 24.04 on a system with 2 hard drives, one OS drive with 500gb and one storage with 18tb. I'm wanting to link my server to the storage drive since that is where most of my space is. When I try to add it in external storage it tells me "Path [path] is not writeable (600)". I'm new to linux and docker but I have attempted to google the problem and try to change folder permissions or add it as a volume in docker with no luck and am out of ideas.

ok, I did see this before but I think I misunderstood. So I need to add the local location as a volume or a bind mount in docker and then chown the location inside the container if I'm understanding correctly?
edit: After trying to create a volume using docker run -v /local/path:/container/path I'm getting the error error response from daemon: pull access denied for [container], repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied.

Last edited:
So I'm trying to research while waiting for responses, though not able to test anything till I get back home. I think I was probably using the command wrong to try and create a volume. But I'm confused about even if I succeed in making the volume how do I attach it to the container? From what I've found you can't add it while the container is running, and stopping the container isn't an issue, but the command for starting it in documentation is a make command, not a docker command. Is there a script somewhere I need to add a line to or something?

edit: Figured it out. under php volumes added hostpath:containerpath and deployed, then did the bin/bash above and added in external storage under the website. Maybe not perfect but it looks like it works for my use case. In hindsight this seems much easier then it first seemed so thank you for your help and patience and sorry for the multiple posts.

Last edited:
Back