• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Having, a home page?

Fluxas

Chevereto Member
I want to have a home/welcome page as the default page instead of the image uploader. So www.mydomain.com is a welcome page and the uploader is like mydomain.com/upload ?

Thanks.

Update so what i've tryed is adding a home page 'home.php' into the /includes and then in the index.php file sending it to that instead of chevereto.php.

Didn't work though >.<

in this case you need to add the /upload case to the class.handler.php and then workaround home.php as index.php ;)

Okay, I kinda understood that. But I'm still not actually sure. Could you please elaborate =)

in class.handler.php all the /image /index and /pages are "handled" so you will need to add a new entry for this /home thing.

in class.handler.php all the /image /index and /pages are "handled" so you will need to add a new entry for this /home thing.

Okay, I understand now. So where abouts in the code should I add the /home page and what needs to be added?

Look for this:

PHP:
switch($this->base_request) {

So should It look like this? Sorry for asking questions its just my first time using php/http really i'm more of a flash guy, but i'm learning alot from this =) But is this at all right haha?

switch($this->base_request) {
case '': case 'home.php':
@session_start();
$_SESSION['last_upload_request'] = time();
$this->template = 'index';

If you don't know about programing it will be hard to do. I will kindly help you but I have to focus in v3.

If you don't know about programing it will be hard to do. I will kindly help you but I have to focus in v3.
Hmm okay, would it be easier to add content to the upload page? Like have a website intro and a few images above the chevereto uploader? Which file would I need to edit for that? Thanks for the help, I know you will be very busy! =)

You need to edit index.php in the theme folder. It will be easy, just put a new div and then make some js to hide the default upload div.

You need to edit index.php in the theme folder. It will be easy, just put a new div and then make some js to hide the default upload div.

Hey I fixed my problem! All I had to do was replace the code in the Index.php file in the them with my custom homepage and then make a upload page in the in the /pages. So its all good now! Thanks for the help :) Your great! Good luck with V3 Can't wait for it!

Back