• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Google Adsense Ads not showing on less viewed images.

mkerala

👽 Chevereto Freak
Recently I noticed that Google Adsense Ads are not showing on new images and images with less views. I tested this on few Chevereto sites and different computers.

How to test this?

1. Open a Chevereto based site using Chrome Incognito mode or on IE.
2. Click the random images button.
3. See if you see Ads on the page

Google recently had introduced Ads balance feature which showed less ads. But I can confirm that this is not enabled on my Adsense account. I am not sure if Google is now forcing this feature.

Anyone else able to confirm this?

Edit: This seems to be a Global issue now. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/adsense/NsBTChr7Hfo;context-place=forum/adsense

Last edited:
I have noticed similar trend on my website as well. I was frustrated, and then I read somewhere that Google does not guarantee 100% ad serve. There may be a good chunk of visitors who are not shown any ads at all.
Maybe they've less pool of advertisers because of adblocker implementation, and they moved to different approach.

Needless to say my earning dropped by half in last couple of weeks, where as, the traffic is higher and consistent than before.

I have noticed similar trend on my website as well. I was frustrated, and then I read somewhere that Google does not guarantee 100% ad serve. There may be a good chunk of visitors who are not shown any ads at all.
Maybe they've less pool of advertisers because of adblocker implementation, and they moved to different approach.

Needless to say my earning dropped by half in last couple of weeks, where as, the traffic is higher and consistent than before.
It was not like this before. I have been using Adsense for a decade and first time seeing no ads on my site. May be Google ran out of ads.

They always tweak the thing and the result is always less earnings. I've seen this many times already, maybe they are targeting our kind of content.

Have you noticed this behavior in all your websites or only those running Chevereto?

Must admit been seeing some weird stuff on some on my adsense enabled sites over past few days. It's almost if "Ad Balance" is enabled but it's not.

Importantly earnings have not dropped, phew... :)
Maybe not for you. But, it has for me. While the traffic is better than before.

They always tweak the thing and the result is always less earnings. I've seen this many times already, maybe they are targeting our kind of content.

Have you noticed this behavior in all your websites or only those running Chevereto?
Interestingly, I have some websites with text contents. They always have ads on them. So, I am not sure what is going on. Maybe Rodolfo is right, Google is testing non-text based websites to optimize the better ad visibility and see what type of ads work better there?

My Earning has improved today. I think whatever it is. It should be fixed within next few days or weeks.

There's some chat on a few webhosting forums saying that they suspect Google is playing around with their algorithm. I tried a few things and it seems that some ads are not rendering where there is relatively little content on the page. Google has never given much importance to image content, more to text content, consequently where there are multiple ads on a page and little content they seem to be restricting what shows.

On such pages if you drop to a single ad then they show just fine. Thats all well and good but on dynamic content (such as a forum) it could present some issues on how the page visually renders. I'm just keeping an eye on it for now.

They even seem to be trying to show site content if their is no ad unit to serve.

You guys run adsense on your chevereto gallerys?
Because i didnt monetize my site so far, i was not sure if i got my site adsense aproved.

Greetings

Back