• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Global Expire

dognose

Chevereto Member
The image site I'm running is more of a short term image sharing site.

I'd love to have the settings for default expiration on the images.

Ideally, only old, unused images are deleted to make room for new images.
Realistically, I'll just be deleting images over 30 days old.

+1 for auto delete for old images.

I would like to see this option in maintenance section. So we could run this once in a while to clear out old images.

Maybe provide more options for the auto delete. Right now it is maxed at 2 days. Can we go up to a year or half a year?

Options would be nice.
I changed mine to 1 day, 7 days, 30 days, 180 days and 365 days in the code, something I don't like doing but the default settings was waaay to short for my needs.

something I don't like doing but the default settings was waaay to short for my needs.

I always add the settings that will suit for 99% of those who will use the system and in several cases I've tweaked the settings based on user feedback. In this case if enough request are made to tweak that I will do it.. But please do it in another request topic. This is for "global expire" not custom image delete ranges. I can't label this as accepted/rejected if you start to add different stuff in the same request.

+1 for this. Something like images that receive no views within a set timeframe (e.g. within 6 months) are automatically removed. Future premium membership feature (if one is ever made) could be immune to this. Sorta like what Imgur was doing.

I would like to raise an issue with this feature being implemented. Since we remove images not viewed, it may remove images which are viewed through hot-linking. 90% images on my site are viewed by hot-linking and running this tool may remove them all.

If this feature is being implemented please add a constrain to this feature like remove images more than X MB not viewed for given period. So we could clear out space by removing big images.

I would like to raise an issue with this feature being implemented. Since we remove images not viewed, it may remove images which are viewed through hot-linking. 90% images on my site are viewed by hot-linking and running this tool may remove them all.

If this feature is being implemented please add a constrain to this feature like remove images more than X MB not viewed for given period. So we could clear out space by removing big images.
Nope if we check based on atime (attribute in EXT filesystems).

The system already has this expire stuff so add a global expire is not that hard. I will add it in a way that you can choose to expire all or just guest images.

Request status:
  • Labeled as "Accepted"
  • ETA next release

Back