• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Future version 2.0

s-f-r-j

Chevereto Member
Hello,

I am currently using 1.9 script, i see that paid 2.0 version is coming out soon.

I am not sure if this questions has been answered already, or not (i tried to re-search the forums, but no luck).

Question is:

Since (i think) new 2.0 version will include admin\registered users (+ DB)

Will all pictures be located in DB or on the server /images folder?

In case, images will be stored in DB in future, what will happen with images in /images folder? will they be moved as well?
In case they are moved to DB, will current images that are stored in /images folder be working ?

Thanks

Actually, the first commercial release will not feature db, admin, or user registration. This is because is a long term change,

Thank you for update.

How about future versions?

My /images folder may have couple thousand of pictures by time you release version that includes DB, etc.

Will those pictures be automatically moved to DB and links stay active?

Thanks

There is a lot of caching up to do with the script. All the further steps are well planed, but they will be as a say in long term.

This is because the big change from 1.X to 2.X is the complete rewrite of the source code. I really mean it when I say that the code is 100% changed.

So, the first new releases will be the complete successful migration to the new system of the previous and most wanted features.

Then, is the market who will aim my development. If the clients want "A" feature i must work on "A" instead of "B". Right??. Since the new script preserves all the old features, the current script owners will find a pretty similar working thing.

There is also a need/balance. I must also aim for the performance features, the security, etc... In other words, is a lot of life work (almost for one single developer) and that is why Chevereto will feature lifetime license.

Hope I have catch all your doubts.

Regards.

I am sorry for asking so many questions.

I will pay for the script, and i would like to use your script long term.

Reason i was asking many questions is that i would like to have it all cleared in my head before i run my website public.

Thanks for responding.

Regards,
s-f-r-j

Back