• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

FTP external storage is not working

Version
PHP version
Database driver
MariaDB
Database version
Web browser
Microsoft Edge (chromium)

JakeSully

👽 Chevereto Freak
Hi

New problem, is anyone here able to use FTP as external storage? since when i try to do it all i get is something went wrong and then a incident id.

tried to use XR Debug but running following command:
vendor/bin/xr only gave this error

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting '|' or variable (T_VARIABLE) in /home/user/public_html/app/vendor/chevere/xr-server/xr on line 142

so i cannot use XR debuger to solve my FTP external storage since other debug method does not expose actuall error on this one. (Due to a pop-up error alert box appears)

I hope anyone here can help with this one at least.

Update: I can confirm that server 1 can connect to external storage just fine through FTP manual command by doing ftp domain.com through main server in SSH

So that is not the problem with connection.

Update #2: It seems XR Debuger was not working because for some reason it thought i was using php 7.4.xx so i had to set 8.0 as main and now XR Debuger works. So you can ignore that part.

Update #3: Here is a php error code that ftp.php file is causing when it tries to upload a file to new server.

Error:
Error uploading Chevereto_test_2023-01-22_06h23m07s.png >>> ftp_put(): php_connect_nonb() failed: Operation now in progress (115)

After googling this " ftp_put(): php_connect_nonb() failed: Operation now in progress (115) " i get result of it is due to TLS/SSL encryption end on ftp server causing the error since ftp_put fails to upload through encrypted connection. So then lots of people mentioned this code "ftp_set_option($conn, FTP_USEPASVADDRESS, false); " add it before following code " ftp_pasv($this->ftp, $args['passive']); " which i did but then error remains but instead i get "Can't enable passive mode in server domain.com" like come on!!!!

So i need a solution to get site to upload through TLS/SSL connection with encryption so it won't fail.

Last edited:
I can't get an FTP connection over SSL/TLS either... At least not if the FTP server only allows secure FTP connections. (FTPS).
The problem is that in the script the connection is not explicitly specified as you can do it for example WinSCP. Therefore the connection fails.

The only possibility I have seen to make the FTP server accessible for unsecured connections.

Back in v3, I customized the file that connects to the FTP server so that it worked. But in version 4 is currently changed so much that with each new update my adjustments would disappear.

I can't get an FTP connection over SSL/TLS either... At least not if the FTP server only allows secure FTP connections. (FTPS).
The problem is that in the script the connection is not explicitly specified as you can do it for example WinSCP. Therefore the connection fails.

The only possibility I have seen to make the FTP server accessible for unsecured connections.

Back in v3, I customized the file that connects to the FTP server so that it worked. But in version 4 is currently changed so much that with each new update my adjustments would disappear.
well i googled around with error but one was to use CURL or the code i found. But every time i added that code it gave a new error.

If i changed Passive mode to False in coding and saved then script could create atleast a 0 byte .png/.jpg test image at server. But it couldn't fully upload whole image :/

Last edited:
Back