• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

FTP Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

globalapk

Chevereto Member
Hello,

First error: I can't upload any image when use "Datefolders creates" with local and external same error
"Images-icon1.png - $destination /home/**/public_html/images/2016/04/28/ is not a dir"

Second erroe:
I add FTP storage but when I start upload images doesn't upload anything and I can't open site untill delete photo I try upload it.

Third problem:
when I replace External storage to Local storage they upload photo but orginal file doesn't open just small and medium.

Try to use an FTP access with enough permissions to create files and folders.

I was able to upload some pictures but the website went totally unresponsive when using that FTP. It logins just some times, it has an awful timeout, etc. So I dig a little bit and I found this:

https://community.box.com/t5/Managing-Your-Content/Using-Box-with-FTP/ta-p/312
FTP is available to Business and Enterprise accounts for bulk migration of data. This tool is designed to be used for initial bulk uploading and occasional bulk downloading of files from your account -- we do not recommend using FTP as your primary access method.

So the problem here is that you are using Box FTP for something they told you to don't do. A $5 VPS with SFTP will work infinite times better than that FTP at Box.com.

My recommendation: Try to use SFTP instead of FTP (SFTP is way better than FTP) and try to use services or servers that allows what you want to do. If you want the best thing you can plug, go for Amazon S3.

Go for SFTP, is way better. FTP is there only for those who can't get SFTP.

I try upload at local storage but orginal file not upload, only medium and small

orginal file show this error:

That page doesn't exist
The requested page was not found.

Chevereto pings the external servers to see if the image is there or not. In your case I'm getting this:

upload_2016-4-29_17-48-0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back