• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Force Password Change

SirMoo

💖 Chevereto Fan
This is sort of a double suggestion, but they go hand in hand...

I'd like to see two options to force a password change. One which sends an email to the user sending them a recovery option to their email on file. Second being an option that forces them to change it, by also sending a recovery email the next time they login.

The first option is MUCH preferred with the second being ideal in bulk situations.

Ideal reasons is if we get a request from a user for help, we can simply send them a recovery email.

A second thing I would like to see is the ability for the admin to send a verification of the email address if they're placed int he unverified state... But I can ask that in a separate thread if you want me too...

I've used this on different programs for a variety of reasons. First off, easy fix for when you need to void a password and someone is too incompetent to figure out how to. (This happens more often on forums. It's shocking).

Second, sites that have any signups are often posted on sites where people share passwords. I'm not a fan of this. If the force password change voids the current password, takes care of this without the removal of the password.

Also... From experience, I've done too many 'change my password' for me requests on everything from generic forums, to doing customer support for a major (free) webhosting company. :|

The only stuff that changes my pass from time to time is my bank. I haven't seen Google, Facebook, Twitter or anyone actually telling me about password change.

I think that this is out of scope.

Back