• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Flood protection getting activated frequently

mkerala

👽 Chevereto Freak
Yesterday I launched my new Image hosting website www.gifyu.com powered by Chevereto. I am getting good response from users, thanks to the wonderful script. Users even made use of features which I was not even aware. Within 24 hours I have 200+ image upload and 11 registered users with 4 album.

Now back to the issue. Today morning my mailbox was bombarded with 22 emails from chevereto flood protection system. The message was as follows.
Flooding IP 60.xxx.xx.xx
User Bejanty

Uploads per time period
Minute: 50
Hour: 50
Week: 50
Month: 50

I got the above message 21 times during 2 hours interval. I have checked the user account I saw that he has uploaded only 46 images in total.

My flood protection settings are as follows.
Minute: 50
Hour: 500
Daily: 1000
Week: 5000
Month: 10000

Could you please tell me why was the flood protection system got activated?

Flood protection works in such way that it disables attempts to break your website. By default the minute limit is 50 because is not that normal one single user uploading more than 50 images in one minute. When I say normal I refer to normal non exhaustive usage.

Now, the good thing about flood protection is that you can put your own limits so you can allow 100 images per minute or 200 or 50. Is up to you. Feel free to tweak the flood protection values at Dashboard > Settings > Flood protection.

Cheers.

Hi Rodolfo,
Can you check the above example website gifyu.com on mobile

Problem : website is responsive ads are not responsive.
Suggestion: we need option in admin panel to place adsense mobile ad code

Hi Rodolfo,
Can you check the above example website gifyu.com on mobile

Problem : website is responsive ads are not responsive.
Suggestion: we need option in admin panel to place adsense mobile ad code

Adsense provides a responsive ad code. I use it on my install and it works perfectly fine on both mobile and in the browser. Create a new ad unit and make sure to select responsive.

Flood protection works in such way that it disables attempts to break your website. By default the minute limit is 50 because is not that normal one single user uploading more than 50 images in one minute. When I say normal I refer to normal non exhaustive usage.

Now, the good thing about flood protection is that you can put your own limits so you can allow 100 images per minute or 200 or 50. Is up to you. Feel free to tweak the flood protection values at Dashboard > Settings > Flood protection.

Cheers.

Yes I have tweaked the settings. But decided to go with 50 images per minute. But What I don't understand is, why did the flood protection activated 21 times in matter of 4 hours when the user has only 46 images? My current hourly limit is 500.

Yes I have tweaked the settings. But decided to go with 50 images per minute. But What I don't understand is, why did the flood protection activated 21 times in matter of 4 hours when the user has only 46 images? My current hourly limit is 500.

It works by IP, not by user id. So most likely he uploaded a bunch of images as guest then a bunch as registered user.

Last edited:
It works by IP, not by user id. So most likely he uploaded a bunch as guest then a bunch as registered user.
I checked all 21 email report. All has his username and same IP.

First 14 report came between 3:52 - 4:14 am with exactly 1 minute interval. The other reports came randomly within next 2 hours.

The event never occurred again in past 24 hours. I was concerned because this happen on the first day of launch.

I guess only that user knows what happen.

Back