• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Finalization of version 4?

Youssef

Chevereto Member
@Rodolfo is what the framework of version 4 is finished? Because most of the features I do not need can be added version 3.
Cordialy

V3 core is extremely old fashioned and everytime more stuff gets added to Chevereto, harder to keep the thing in control. There's no real API, there's no controllers, there's no plugins. No hooks, neither centralized error handling. There's no dev tools, no advanced routing, no return standar, neither JS XHR and so on and on.

V4 real improvement is not more features but a complete new way to present and work with the application framework. The framework is still not ready, I'm close to release but I need more time. This is the foundation for the next 5+ years so I have to take it seriously.

For now, I will try to keep V3 additions to the minimum because I don't want to get the double work of having to refactor these additions into V4. If you want to add your own stuff go ahead, but please beware of the refactor needed for V4.

Nice news.Can we know did design in V4 will be changed? For example as tinypic.com And maybe some improvements for better SEO example tags for images?

Software here is not static as a game or as a desktop kind of software where major releases happens every year. This is different, we are talking about stuff that will be among us at least 5 years and in that time lots of things can happen. The software progress in a steady long term evolution, don't expect me to achieve 100% of V4 goals in the first release.

I won't answer if V4 is going to have this or that. I think that while these concerns are valid, the reality is that I add stuff based on commercial demand which is always changing.

Back