• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Final slash (/) gone in Chevereto install path

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotch

Chevereto Member
I installed Chevereto a couple of years ago into a subdirectory of my site: mysite.com/2/
In the root of my site is an old version of my image host (not Chevereto).

I've done an affected file update updated to 3.6.2. The final slash (/) at the end is missing now, so when I click on my sites homepage banner I go to the main folder mysite.com/2 The same thing happens when I login. In that case, I'm also directed to the root, rather then my Chevereto site in /2/ .
But where is the path stored? How can I fix this?

I wouldn't mind moving my Chevereto to the root (deleting my old image host), but I do not know how to do that without breaking the site, thumbs in forums etc.

Thanks for any help efforts!

Last edited:
Chevereto doesn't longer use "final slash". You will need to update your links, and /2 should be "the same" as /2/ but if it doesn't then you may check your .htaccess file (if you run Apache) and check if that the root script rewrite (not Chevereto) isn't affecting this /2 folder.

Last edited:
How can I migrate my Chevereto installation (website and MySql database) from mysite.com/2/ to the root mysite.com without breaking the site and everything posted , thumbs etc? Is there a htaccess rule necessary?

Now I'm directed to the root, while my site is in subfolder /2/

Yup I think I managed to move my Chevereto site to the root by deleting everything in root, then moving all my Chevereto files from the subfolder /2/ to root. After that my site worked again, but everything posted in forums (thumbs etc. ) was still gone.

Now I put a .htaccess file in the now empty folder /2/ with this content:
Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /$1 [R=301,L]
Note that the () around .* and the $1 redirects /subfolder/someFile.php to /someFile.php. If you skip it, everything in /subfolder redirects to /.
Source

Still strange that while I installed Chevereto in a subfolder /2/, I'm redirected to root. The missing final slash at mycheveretosite.com/2/ prevents Chevereto to execute the index.php in /2/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back