• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

File too big - 2 MB on Upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

laflama

Chevereto Member
Hello,

I try to upload a JPG image to my home screen and I get the error message "File too big - 2 MB". However, as the attached files show, the PHP.INI configuration file does contain the required values (256 MB), which seem to be read by Chevereto.

I am certainly not a programmer, but I noticed that the ClassUpload.php file seems to contain a 2 MB limitation. If I try to increase this limitation (while restarting Apache), the error message disappears, but the image (which is only 13.5 MB) does not show up, even though it is present < C:\xampp\htdocs\portfolio\content\images\system\default\home_cover.jpg.

What should I do to resolve this situation? Thank you!

Note that the URL is a preproduction server, wich is not up all the time.

Attachments

• CHV Class Upload PHP.PNG
    CHV Class Upload PHP.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 3
  • CHV File too bif - max 2 MB.png
    CHV File too bif - max 2 MB.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 3
  • CHV Params.png
    CHV Params.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 3
  • CHV Upload Max Size.png
    CHV Upload Max Size.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi,

Homepage cover images are capped to true_upload_max_filesize which is the minimum value taking ini_get('upload_max_filesize') and ini_get('post_max_size').

You may want to add post_max_size=256M to your php.ini.

If I understand correctly, you manually replaced home_cover.jpg and it didn't show up? This is because the files in Chevereto are versioned, here is what the system is failing to load:

1637327641144.png
^ You may want to rename home_cover.jpg to home_cover_1637198433152_4df894.jpg. Also, home_cover.jpg doesn't resolve.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

P.S. The limit that you configure in Dashboard is for content uploads, not for homepage cover images.

Hi,

Homepage cover images are capped to true_upload_max_filesize which is the minimum value taking ini_get('upload_max_filesize') and ini_get('post_max_size').

You may want to add post_max_size=256M to your php.ini.

If I understand correctly, you manually replaced home_cover.jpg and it didn't show up? This is because the files in Chevereto are versioned, here is what the system is failing to load:

View attachment 4522
^ You may want to rename home_cover.jpg to home_cover_1637198433152_4df894.jpg. Also, home_cover.jpg doesn't resolve.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

P.S. The limit that you configure in Dashboard is for content uploads, not for homepage cover images.
Hi Rodolfo,
Has it can be seen in my previous email screen capture attachment, post_max_size is already ar 256M in php.ini. Sorry, renamimg the file did not solve the problem. Do you need an admin access to my preprod server? Thanks

André

PHP is not provisioned just on HTTP Web Server, also in CLI, and the ini settings could vary and missing settings could alter the context of your HTTP web provisioning.

Chances are that renaming the file didn't work for you because of permissions, cache, etc. That requires further examination to determine where's the problem.

Do you need an admin access to my preprod server? Thanks
Reviewing servers for which we didn't design the software is not included in this support layer. We do request server access only when there's evidence of a bug or when you purchase the Extra Support package.

Keep in mind that we design the software for Ubuntu 20.04, meaning that it will be unix-compatible everywhere, but we can't offer the same compatibility for Windows.

You should also check our deploy alternatives to get a server provisioning fully compatible with Chevereto.

Dear @laflama,

Unfortunately, this ticket has more than 14 days without a reply or feedback from you. We will now consider this ticket abandoned and its status is now closed.

Please, don't hesitate to create a new ticket if this matter is still causing you trouble. If this is already solved you can ignore this message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back