• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

File naming option on each storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Chevereto Member
Hi Rodolfo,

Could you please add ability for setting file naming each storages.

Like external storage 1 naming method: direct.

External storage 2 naming method: Datefolder.

Etc.

Because each external storage has their different subdomains.

So would be better if we could set file naming mehod to the respective storages.

Thank you.

I don't think that this is the way to go.

There should be an unification in how files should be named and I can't think in a situation where you need datefolder and at the same time the direct method for another storage.

For example, I will use external storages:

http://external1.domain.tld/qpc42.jpg

But for external2, we change it to:

http://external2.domain.tld/2015/10/19/bf4kj.jpg

Yes, I know what you want but I don't see why or how this will help more people.

Let's say we add new external storage after we setup 'Direct' method for our previous external storages.

We wanted to have 'Datefolder' method for our newer external storage, but keeping the previous external storages fully functional.

Let's say we add new external storage after we setup 'Direct' method for our previous external storages.

We wanted to have 'Datefolder' method for our newer external storage, but keeping the previous external storages fully functional.

Each image stores if was saved using datefolder or direct, so any change don't screw old images. What you are asking is to select how to store the image for each given external storage and like I said, I don't see the need for that. If someone else also needs this please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back