Must read Features to deprecate for V4

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Hey there,

I'm very close to start actual concrete V4 coding and I think that it will be a good idea to start talking about what stuff is not longer needed. You know, some stuff is just outdated and no longer needed so let's just talk about it.

The idea is to post one feature or concept and elaborate on why is not needed. Feel free to post many times as needed, just try to keep it to one thing at the time so we can use reactions to measure traction.

Note: There will be a time and moment to talk about new features, this topic is about removing stuff).

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Medium and thumb sized images

I believe that this should be removed as the needs for additional image sizes can't be narrowed down just to two extra sizes. I think that the system should generate these on the fly, and being able to use the API to easily resize on demand.

DeCysos

Phoenix Foto Service
License owner
Deutsch
Ich bin ebenfalls der Meinung das man darauf verzichten kann Bilder in anderen Größen als das Original zu speichern.

Eine generierung des Thumbnails oder anderer größe sollte erst dann geschehen wenn ein Nutzer das erste mal darauf zugreifen möchte.

Dies könnte dann in einem gesondertem Ordner gespeichert werden welcher in regelmäßigen abständen geleert wird bzw wird durch das Script/Cron gepüft ob das Thumbnail (etc) noch gebraucht wird. Sollte der letzte Zugriff darauf z.b. mehr als 30 Tage her sein, so kann/wird die Datei durch das Script/Cron automatisch entfernt um Speicherplatz frei zu machen.

--------------------------------
Translate in english
--------------------------------
I also think that you can refrain from saving images in sizes other than the original.

Generating the thumbnail or other size should only happen when a user wants to access it for the first time.

This could then be stored in a separate folder which is emptied at regular intervals or is checked by the script / cron if the thumbnail (etc) is still needed. If the last access to it z.b. more than 30 days ago, the file can / is automatically removed by the / Cron script to free up space.

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Dropdown uploader

While it may look nice, a dedicated upload page works better and require less memory. The Dropdown uploader should be removed for convenience.