• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[Feature Request] Add Option to Change the Value of use_aws_shared_config_files when Adding External Storage

kdhkr

Chevereto Member
💡Describe your Feature request

One of my installations of Chevereto is served in a Shared Hosting Environment; Which means I don't have an access to modify the open_basedir value.

1697785310902.png

Thus, every time I try to add a S3 Storage, it gives me an open_basedir error, since I am not allowed to access to the /.aws/config file.
This can be fixed by setting the value use_aws_shared_config_files to false.
Adding a feature to set this directly within Chevereto, or disabling this by default (Why does it need to read the AWS_CONFIG_FILE when we are required to write the credentials down within Chevereto itself?) will vastly save me (and any other who uses external storage in a shared environment) lots of time - I need to painfully add a new line every time I update my installation.

👏Where did you saw this?

aws-sdk-php Github Issue (open_basedir is not within the allowed path(s))

🔥Interest outside our community

Not really, since it is more like an improvement rather than a 'feature'.

Last edited:
Back